Supremacy of Parliament. "the arm twisting and arguments failed"

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"Ministers looked like they felt sick. The deputy speaker had to call for silence so the chamber could hear the actual result.

Total silence, and then disbelief as the result was read out. The government had been beaten after all, by only four votes.

It's the first time that Theresa May has been defeated on her own business in the Commons. She has to front up in Brussels tomorrow with other EU leaders only hours after an embarrassing loss in Parliament.

Beyond the red faces in government tonight, does it really matter? Ministers tonight are divided on that. Two cabinet ministers have told me while it's disappointing it doesn't really matter in the big picture."

They wouldn't have said that, if they'd won.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42346277

"Of the Conservative MPs who voted against the government, eight are former ministers.

One of them, Stephen Hammond, was sacked as Conservative vice chairman in the aftermath of the vote.

"Tonight I put country and constituency before party and voted with my principles to give Parliament a meaningful vote," he tweeted."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42346192

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: yep they were all hero's , who did there duty :)

Arm twisting , that would be the whips office , in the past some Mp's have been reduced to tears by the whips office

Parliamentary sovereignty and democracy at work. Exactly what the Quitters have been bleating about the last 18 months. Thank goodness we have intelligent people in Parliament.
Dumb quitters.

Sponsored Links
Parliamentary sovereignty and democracy at work. Exactly what the Quitters have been bleating about the last 18 months. Thank goodness we have intelligent people in Parliament.
Dumb quitters.

It is unlikely to change the Brexit decision. Those people that voted have now weakened the governments strength and therefore likely to mean a worse trade deal.

Just as long as those remoaners remember that, when they start whingeing about a poor trade deal.

Remoaners : they are snivelling quitters

It is unlikely to change the Brexit decision.
Brexit, ha ha ha. Not as you know it boyo, nor was it ever going to be.
Brexit my erse. Theresas flying out as we speak to do some more grovelling. Welcome back EU and all the shoite that goes with it, because Parliament aint gonna letcha(y)

"Ministers looked like they felt sick. The deputy speaker had to call for silence so the chamber could hear the actual result.

Total silence, and then disbelief as the result was read out. The government had been beaten after all, by only four votes.

It's the first time that Theresa May has been defeated on her own business in the Commons. She has to front up in Brussels tomorrow with other EU leaders only hours after an embarrassing loss in Parliament.

Beyond the red faces in government tonight, does it really matter? Ministers tonight are divided on that. Two cabinet ministers have told me while it's disappointing it doesn't really matter in the big picture."

They wouldn't have said that, if they'd won.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42346277

"Of the Conservative MPs who voted against the government, eight are former ministers.

One of them, Stephen Hammond, was sacked as Conservative vice chairman in the aftermath of the vote.

"Tonight I put country and constituency before party and voted with my principles to give Parliament a meaningful vote," he tweeted."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42346192

You must write for The Sun.. The pathetic language youve used, is typical of a tabloid.

'Ministers looked like they felt sick' :):) What rubbish. Show me some images of Ministers being sick!

It is unlikely to change the Brexit decision. Those people that voted have now weakened the governments strength and therefore likely to mean a worse trade deal.

Just as long as those remoaners remember that, when they start whingeing about a poor trade deal.

Remoaners : they are snivelling quitters

Please explain how this will weaken the government negotiation of a trade deal?

Your last sentence makes no sense.

What a load off tossers.

The country votes to leave, all the politicians should get beind that. But no, they moan, whinge and make it harder for those that are getting on with it.

Was Theresa May a leaver or remainer?

language youve used

Notch dishonestly reads a quotation, in italics, with quotation marks, and with the attribution clearly shown in a link, and pretends they are my words.

What a load off tossers.

The country votes to leave, all the politicians should get beind that. But no, they moan, whinge and make it harder for those that are getting on with it.

If it was as simple as that.

If anyone reads the FT.

"The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry and the BioIndustry Association said that Europe’s ability to manage big public-health crises related to the use of medicines, such as the Zika virus, could be at risk if the UK were excluded from cross-EU incident management planning."

A report commissioned by the associations suggested that “delays in communication around crisis management or divergence in standards and procedures” between Europe and the UK “are likely to lead to delays in action”.

"there could be a delay of several months in sharing information about drug safety or adverse medical events."

Last edited:
Before the referendum, there were only ten Conservative MPs who wanted to leave the EU.

Parliamentary democracy ???

Theresa May was, and is, a career politician willing to abandon her principles, and act against the interests of her country, for the chance of attaining power.

Sponsored Links
Back