Technical Condensing boiler questions ?

If it's a large house, the noise could be entirely separate from the actual boiler. For example: heating circulator pump, hot water circulator, air fan for something or other, ... . You name it!

Is the noise continuous? or intermittent? What frequency (lower than mains hum - 50Hz? higher?) Single frequency or a 'mixed' noise? A boiler fan tends to produce several different noises mixed together. Water pumps usually produce a single low-frequency hum.

Sponsored Links
Lost count of the times someone has rang reporting noise, only to get there and hear nothing. It amazes me how as people get older they hear more ? its mainly to do with having no radio on, no tele on, no kids screaming, no dogs barking , and a small insignificant change from the norm, driving people with nothing better to do to believe their rights are being infringed. :mad:

We get a low frequency hum round here too, nothing to do with a boiler, sometimes it stops. When it is humming we both can here it, and some rooms are worse than others. I can sympathise if you are not getting sleep, but your neighbour may not be causing the problem.

B.O.B DOLE said:
i think you and the wife or going through a bit of senile demensure
take the wife for a ear test with the doc and what the hell are you doing prowling around at 5.30 am. you know there is places for people like you
Well, I wish there were places for people like you. The man says that his wife is sick, and your 'attempt' to help starts with this illiterate drivel.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
B.O.B DOLE said:
i think you and the wife or going through a bit of senile demensure
take the wife for a ear test with the doc and what the hell are you doing prowling around at 5.30 am. you know there is places for people like you
Well, I wish there were places for people like you. The man says that his wife is sick, and your 'attempt' to help starts with this illiterate drivel.

sending me futile remarks just to try and make yourself popular or because you have got nothing better to do just shows how how thick you are the above 3 posts seem to agree on the same lines as me softars
if you have nothing constructive to add to this post please dont bother posting you are childish...

Amaisingly varied tolerance levels we human's have. Some folk can sleep in the same room as a boiler, and some can't tolerate the neighbours having one.

Boilers make noise.

B.O.B DOLE said:
sending me futile remarks just to try and make yourself popular or because you have got nothing better to do just shows how how thick you are the above 3 posts seem to agree on the same lines as me softars
Picking my way carefully between the corpses of all the grammatical rules that you've slain in your "sentence", I detect a note of annoyance from you. If this is the case then my remarks are far from being futile. Furthermore, I am not "thick", and I suspect that you aren't either, but the difference between us is that you appear to be. Very.

B.O.B DOLE said:
if you have nothing constructive to add to this post please dont bother posting you are childish...
Well, you see, that's just the kind of thing that's likely to make me want to post again, simply because I'm being childish.

Softus! Shame on you! Outwitting BOB Dumb is hardly a fitting sport for someone of your talents! It's more akin to swotting flies, not a dignified activity at all. ;)

we should all work together not against each other :D

i think we need some team building to bring us closer together LOL :D

gazthepottertonengineer said:

Yes! YES!

Let's all team together and gang up on B.O.B. DOLE and Slogger (if he's still here). Is that what you mean Gaz?

gazthepottertonengineer said:

YAY

I think the good lads do and you have to love slog, BOB, lor et al, as they are funny :)

Proper recording equipment set up by the council-

Noise seems to revole around fans - when the boiler fires the fan is very piercing and then it settles - still cant resolve whether the boiler fires even if no demand as they are away

May also be down to positioning of the buildings - boiler in a new garage facing our wall

You seem to have discounted the possibility that they have left their heating switched on but on a very low thermostatic setting. Thats good practice to keep the chill off the house and prevent anything freezing.

Has anybody actually measured the sound level?

Every sound level complaint I have been to has revolved around "I think its too noisy" without any measurements. Purely subjective!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back