Technical Condensing boiler questions ?

They have switched the heating off but i believe the water is still on as they perceived that with no demand it would not fire. The issue is that when it fires it creates a high pitched sound as well as the droning of the pump. I am trying to establish whether something could be damaged and causing this noise which interupts our sleep. I think we can live with the droning but the high pitched noise is hard work on the ears even though we are detached.

The council have measured with proper equipment but have not been able to come up with anything, they do not know this as we are trying to find a solution rather than go offensive

It may seem trivial to some but when circumstances change and people get upset you have to pick your way through diplomacy to sort , some can take offense at this

Thanks for all the comments, i welcome any further , i take no offense i have to resolve or i am sure my wife will end up with a nervous breakdown , working away thats a difficult one to handle

Sponsored Links
mcbean wrote:

I was out beside the garage at 5.30 this morning and could not hear anything but my wife says she still hears it and is unconvinced

So you are outside near the garage that houses said boiler.
You hear nothing.
Your wife is in the house and can hear the noise.

The council have measured with proper equipment but have not been able to come up with anything

It sounds like your missus is hearing noises that no one else can hear.
:confused:

Taking a lateral view, maybe your wife just wants you to be at home more often?

Why not take her away for a few days and see if she can still hear the noise?

A friend's father flew Lancaster bombers during the war, later Comets and latest 747 jumbos for BA. His wife was always fearful that he was not going to return from each flight. He retired at 53 and died within three months from cancer!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back