Testing a drain Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have a problem with my Candy CDI 2010 dishwasher. It is not draining away. I have checked hoses and pumps for blockages but there do not seem to be any. Both drain pump and circulating pump aare moving freely although still have the twang from the motor. I was trying to measure the resistance accross the pump motors to see if they were faulty. The circulationg pump is giving around 55 ohms which i believe is normal. The drain pump however gives 250 ohms......is this too high and indicating a faulty motor....any other way to test it safely.

thanks
Trevor

Sponsored Links
If you are getting a supply to it, then I would say it is fair to say it is u.s.

stick a continuity tester across the 2 pins on the pump make sure its upluged first it should bleep if its working

Sponsored Links
thanks guys...had a closer look last night and there was a piece of glass stuck in the pump!!!!....all seems ok now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back