texecom oddysey 3 to 9600

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
afternoon all ive recently bought a scantronic 9600 from ebay and ordered a texecom oddysey 3 normal 115db version reading the specs it says it draws a total of 523ma which seems a bit high for most panels seeing as there rated at 500ma.

will the 9600 alarm system be able to handle 523ma what is the current rating on this panel the panel looks pretty big so i guess it propably can what do you guys think?

Sponsored Links
Just fit it , worst case set the link to low current ... But IT will be fine on a 9600 panel

thanks sparkymarka just wired it in on sab mode and works great with no problems. i have wired and connected 2 keypads, a panic button, 2 magnetic contacts, 4 pir detectors and a 16 ohm speaker and again all works great with no problems :)

does this sound a bit much or am in no danger, i found on the manual that the system can take 1250ma is this correct? cheers

That 9600 is from the early nineties , modern equipment take less so don't worry it will be fine...

Sponsored Links
very sorry forgot to ask would it be okay to replace the main 3 amp fuse with a 1 amp cheers

hi there me again i have a 1 amp fuse handy would it be okay to replace the main 3 amp fuse on the 9600 with the 1 amp because i doubt my load is higher 1amp cheers

hi there me again i have a 1 amp fuse handy would it be okay to replace the main 3 amp fuse on the 9600 with the 1 amp because i doubt my load is higher 1amp cheers
A 3amp fuse feeding an alarm panel is normal, it's done from a non switched fused spur, a 1amp fuse is inside the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back