The Theory of Everything

I'm reminded of the true story of a celebrity (can't remember who, but it's unimportant) who wanted to become a Catholic but was told that in order to do so he had to believe in the existence of "Hell". He told the priest that he had real issues with that since he believed that god wouldn't have allowed such a place to exist. The priest told him that although he had to accept that Hell existed, it wasn't obligatory to believe that anyone was in it ;)

Thus, it is entirely acceptable to cherry pick from the bible.

Sponsored Links
Its NOT obligatory. You are talking rubbish as usual.
Though its probably more to do with your insatiable appetite to malign the Bible because I posted a few home truths about your beloved war mongering physics which you have no answer for other than Bible bashing.

Steady on Norcon - No need to get so aggressive.
Rather show your true character.

No, it isn't acceptable to Cherry Pick for your own ends.
Just because some arbitrary Priest decides he can Cherry Pick does not constitute justification.

You believe or you don't, you can't just believe the convenient bits.

I suspect Dex is actually damning them with feint praise lol.

Sponsored Links

No, it isn't acceptable to Cherry Pick for your own ends.
Just because some arbitrary Priest decides he can Cherry Pick does not constitute justification.

You believe or you don't, you can't just believe the convenient bits.

What's convenient about the ten commandments?

Because you've Cherry Picked one point and missed all of the evil peddled by your book.

You have demonstrated they very point I make. Peddle the good and forget the bad.
Once Again QED

You have demonstrated they very point I make. Peddle the good and forget the bad.
Once Again QED
Er, isn't this the scientific way of going about things? Conjecture, test, revise?

Yes (although I would replace Conjecture with Hypothesis), but the Norcon's of this world don't complete the last two.
Test and Revise, they do neither . They just accept what they are told without question and call it Faith.

Everyone is playing into my hands here.

Because you've Cherry Picked one point and missed all of the evil peddled by your book.

Once Again QED

What evil are you on about in the Bible?
Never heard of it and was certainly not taught any of it in Sunday school.

Once again you've just proven yourself a Bible basher and question evader when challenged with questions.

Yes (although I would replace Conjecture with Hypothesis), but the Norcon's of this world don't complete the last two.
I wavered between hypothesis and conjecture. Picked the wrong one, d'oh.
Test and Revise, they do neither . They just accept what they are told without question and call it Faith.
Big assumption there IMHO. Do you have 100% confidence with the modern scientific process? Isn't that a faith in itself?

Everyone is playing into my hands here.
Now, what was I saying about the purpose of science involving egos? :mrgreen:

Once again you've just proven yourself a Bible basher when challenged with questions.

Try the Old Testament Norcon, or have you conveniently forgotten that as well.

Once again you've just proven yourself a Bible basher when challenged with questions.

Try the Old Testament Norcon, or have you conveniently forgotten that as well.

How can you forget something you've never been taught?
You see "evil" in the Bible because its convenient to push your own Bible bashing agenda.
Simples.

No one mentioned the Bible until you did.
Shame your beloved physics has brought death and destruction on an epic scale to the world and will continue to do so.

Sponsored Links
Back