Therm. Shower Valve temparature dropped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all. I have a thermostatic shower valve which has operated perfectly for about a year and a half since I installed it. The flat is served by a Vaillant Turbomax combi boiler. All other hot taps are fine but the temperature from the shower suddenly won't rise above lukewarm. I checked the filters in the valve but they seemed ok - a little debris but not much. Any ideas on how this could be fixed would be much appreciated as the valve is concealed behind tiles and replacing could be a real headache.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
You need to check that the hot water from the combi is at a much higher temp than the water coming out of the shower. If so, it's probably a fault with the shower (scaled up mechanism, failed thermostat?).

Many thanks. Do you have any idea if that would be fixable without replacing whole valve?

Sponsored Links
Actually, I think the water from all taps is cooler than it should be although hotter than the shower. Not sure how to check - it could just be my imagination...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back