Max temp too low - new thermostatic shower mixer valve

It seems you are not alone!

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=151819&start=15

I did call the makers and they sent me a download of the installation instructions which they said contained details of how to calibrate/set the outlet water temp.

Unfortunately the attachment downloads at a very slow speed and takes over four minutes and only 17 kb per sec and becomes "interrupted" before it completes. When I click resume it starts again and does the same thing. I have asked them to resend.

That previous thread did not mention any setting within the unit!

Tony

Sponsored Links
That's really kind Agile, thanks. well plumber-builder put something on the cold feed to the bathroom. It hasn't made a difference. It has an adjustor on it to restrict the flow which husband has fiddled around with and has made no difference whatsoever. :mad:

I have come to the conclusion it is time to get the valve off and turn the handle round about 90 deg. I really hope this is simple.

I am sorry for the delay in replying. The original instructions the makers sent me seemed to have a fault and they took a while to resend them.

The instructions do indeed give a chapter on setting the calibration and suggest a maximum temperature of 42 C. I would suggest 44 C as I like a hotter shower myself.

As I said before I did not expect the problem to be caused by anything other than a lack of calibration of the shower. So it does not surprise me that those modifications have not solved the problem.

It just needs a very simple adjustment which the original installer should have done!

Did you not point out the temp setting part of the installation instructions?

I am sorry you have been the victim of an incompetent installer of your shower! Not all in this trade are as silly!

Tony

Thanks! I am going to give recalibratuon a go when I have a spare moment. The installation instructions are nowhere to be found so I can't point it out to him. He gets very tetchy when I suggest anything that may have been done wrong. Yes 'silly' is exactly the word :p

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back