Third World Clothing Collection

But they aren't doing anything illegal are they? The wording is that the clothes are 'SENT' abroad. Not for charities or anything else.
What they do with them when they get there is up to them.

Don't you just love an immigration policy that lets all and sundry in?

Sponsored Links
third world is mars 2nd is moon 1st earth,
earthling you know noting nana nanoo, may the force go with you but only in federation standard issue uniforms

joe-90 said:
But they aren't doing anything illegal are they?
Dont you agree though, Joe, that many people wont read between the lines, and will think this is just another charity flyer. It is very misleading and many people would believe it.

The bit about God was the final straw - it made me want to throw it in the bin. It doesn't make any grammatical sense anyway!

I agree with what you say, but what can you charge them with? Writing ambiguous statements?

Sponsored Links
If there is no registered charity number ti's a business.... they will take your old clothes and sell them to poor people in the 3rd world... even if they are providing a service they are not portraying themselves in the correct manner in the UK.

I hate this type of business!

breezer said:
Thing you all forget is:

Q What would some one in a 3rd world country want with an overcoat, or a mac (the one you wear) jumper etc

A They dont

Why wouldn't someone in a third world or developing country want a jumper or overcoat?

Helpmates limited is a commercial collecting company who provides people in third World countries with clothes for their families they can afford.....

the above statement resolves the issue of it not being a charity.

We received a blue coloured A5 leathlet with a box about 6 cms down from the top with the collection day in (Tuesday) & underneath that in bold black writing it says "WE URGENTLY NEED CLOTHING"
Then underneath again it says

"We will be grateful if you could kindly donate your unwanted Ladies, Gents, & Childrens clothing, Blankets, Sheets, Shoes, Handbags, Curtains Belts Bath & Hand towels, Underwear, Cosmestics & Perfumes"

Now.. what use would women from 3rd world countrys need handbags :?: & perfumes!!?? They wouldn't (THIS SO CALLED CHARITY ARE FAKE, AND ARE TAKING 2ND HAND CLOTHES ETC (All stated in the above) AND ARE SELLING YOUR DONATED CLOTHES WHICH YOU THINK ARE GOING TO A GOOD CAUSE, ON MARKETS!!!!! :eek:

Then underneath this it gives you a bit of infomation about the FAKE charity,

Then it says "HELPMATES LIMITED (Company Registration No: 5780892)
Phine No 01708230027, and then "GOD WILL REWARD FOR YOUR GOOD HEARTS"
I have tried to ring the number above god knows how many times! it rings,,,, But never no answer,

I just found out that this 'HELPMATES CHARITY' are FAKE and imediatly bought my 3 full bin bag full of clothes in! I will be taking them to a charity shop in my town!

I hope this helped with what you were looking for!

Might have helped but the last post on this was two years ago.

I am suprised that if they are breaking a law that they are still getting away with it.

I put a big box of condoms in the bags, and some pills for the ladies.

They will be more use than clothes.

Seems they are still at it. I had a leaflet thru the door and by coincidence had already bagged up clothes etc to take to the charity shop. I thought this would save me a trip and put the bags outside for collection. But something bugged me and I read the leaflet again and there was no contact number, so I googled them and found this.

http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adjudications/2009/9/Rutex-Ltd/TF_ADJ_46902.aspx

The bags are back indoors and I'll donate them to a real charity.

Sponsored Links
Back