Third World Clothing Collection

I've worked in this industry, for a registered charity, all legit.

People will go out and post leaflets, to say put a bag on your doorstep, they are illegal.

Over 90% of stuff given to charity shops is given over to 'rag', which I found astounding....a £1000 suit, with a pluck mark...a pair of designer shoes, with a scuff...all binned. Shocking.

The rest of the good stuff is bagged by the staff in the charity shop, the rest sold on as RAGS.

The RAGS are sold, via weight, and either cut up for machine cleaning, or reprocessed in paper making, or shredded to make new clothes, in the East, HOW do you think the East make cheap affordable clothing?

The charity shop charged about £140, for 3-4 wheeliebins full of rags...that the clothing was perfectly wearable, but deemed unsellable. Would you buy a £1000 designer suit, that has a tiny flaw? Or bin it?

And that's daily.

Sponsored Links
. Would you buy a £1000 designer suit, that has a tiny flaw? .
I would , from a charity shop . And a dud mobile phone - Then I`d stand in a layby near where I live - and get a lift to the nearest T*sco :idea: Bloody fuel costs a fotune in the sticks :evil: . I can talk like a city gent stranded in the forest ( car broke down )- There`s enough of they buggers round here to learn off :rolleyes:

It is quite obviously a commercial company, ie its objective is to make profit.

This gives it away: HELPMATES LIMITED (Company Registration No: 5780892)

ALWAYS GIVE YOUR CAST OFF'S etc TO A REGISTERED CHARITY. They will quote their registered charity number.

Sponsored Links
Don't put anything in those bags that are posted through the door re use them as bin bags.
I volunteer a couple of days a week for the local Hospice, we have unit not large we take in clothes furniture,basically anything.
The clothes are sorted and the good stuff goes out to the shops and others go to rags, the rag sacks bring in between £2000 to £3000 a week.
Take anything old used whatever to your local charity of choice,they will make money out of it.
The bags are usually put out by private company's who if you read the small print make a donation to the charity they advertise.

Don't put anything in those bags that are posted through the door re use them as bin bags.
I volunteer a couple of days a week for the local Hospice, we have unit not large we take in clothes furniture,basically anything.
The clothes are sorted and the good stuff goes out to the shops and others go to rags, the rag sacks bring in between £2000 to £3000 a week.
Take anything old used whatever to your local charity of choice,they will make money out of it.
The bags are usually put out by private company's who if you read the small print make a donation to the charity they advertise.

But shouldn't charities put out a seconds bin, on plucked and slightly soiled items? Rather than bin them? Most people I know would wear something with a slight defect, as it's repairable, or hideable, I've seen a £1000 pound pair of shoes, slight scuff, binned. Brand new in the box. With the price tag still attached. No because they get more for rags. FFS the clothes they sell are like £3...perfectly good..to throw away such valuables is criminal?

I put a big box of condoms in the bags, and some pills for the ladies.

They will be more use than clothes.

I find the comment nasty or at least in bad taste, even if it was a joke.

You are talking about human beings here. Have some compassion.

Your comment does not make sense because if they had plenty of clothing for themselves and 10 kids I would have thought a bit of family planning would not go amiss.

http://geography.about.com/od/populationgeography/a/cbrcdr.htm

Having done a quick bit of research I have to agree with Woody. I do believe Woody is only saying what the rest of the world is trying to do, because it makes sense. Pills and condoms help people come to terms with reality clothes don't.

Your comment does not make sense because if they had plenty of clothing for themselves and 10 kids I would have thought a bit of family planning would not go amiss.

http://geography.about.com/od/populationgeography/a/cbrcdr.htm

Having done a quick bit of research I have to agree with Woody. I do believe Woody is only saying what the rest of the world is trying to do, because it makes sense. Pills and condoms help people come to terms with reality clothes don't.

There is a thing called respect for people worse off than ourselves. They might have 10 kids; but they are all still human beings.

3rd world can do with help from people who are better off, but degrading / cheap comments are not helpful to anyone.

Its about time somebody thought about the under priveliged in OUR country.

, but degrading / cheap comments are not helpful to anyone.

Explain why this is a cheap comment especially when the kids produced have the highest mortality rate in the world. Who's feelings are you protecting..irresponsible sex seeking animals or their very unfortunate unplanned diseased kids.?

I think birth control is exactly what's needed. Afterall, if they didn't keeping breeding every 5 minutes, it stands to reason that there wouldn't be so much starvation and child mortality :rolleyes:

, but degrading / cheap comments are not helpful to anyone.

Explain why this is a cheap comment especially when the kids produced have the highest mortality rate in the world. Who's feelings are you protecting..irresponsible sex seeking animals or their very unfortunate unplanned diseased kids.?

And you want me explain why I thing such comments are cheap?

I'm not saying they shouldn't do family planning. I just thought the comment came across a bit unsypathatic.

If these unfortunate people cannot realise that they cannot afford to provide clothes or food for themselves, why on earth are they reproducing, why bring an innocent child into such a unhealty environment? Birth control is the best suggestion so far.

Sponsored Links
Back