Third World Clothing Collection

Its about time somebody thought about the under priveliged in OUR country.

that's why i don't give to charity, no idea where it goes.

The charity shops I've worked in, the good stuff, goes to staff FOC, and then sold on, via ebay for personal gain, any sales, are filtered off, so say the money goes to an African country, it's usually the Government that gets the cash, not the people, and everything else that is branded unsellable, goes to rags, which are sold to the Far East, to remake into our cheap clothing or paper.

That's my understanding of it, corrupt charities, corrupt governments, it isn't new. Micheal Portillo did a piece recently about it, on his rail travels (the selling of rags), but there must be some good charities out there, that do channel money to where it is needed. Just none that I have seen or worked for.

Sponsored Links
i never get any of the dodgy charities leaving me bags, i often have dead rats to get rid of, i could wrap them up in old clothes

Sponsored Links
Can I tell you what does pee me off about charity collections.

If you have nothing to give, they ask you to leave the empty bag outside for them to collect.

BUT THEY NEVER COLLECT THEM AND YOU END UP WITH LOADS OF PLASTIC BAGS AWAITING COLLECTION. :evil:

i never get any of the dodgy charities leaving me bags, i often have dead rats to get rid of, i could wrap them up in old clothes

Many people actually seem to do.....the scum I've found sorting through clothing...urgh!

Back