This is racist???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bless, even good old David Jason cops a guilty plea, ffs. That one was so old, it had "Noah was 'ere" written on it and still he feels the need to self-flagellate and others get all huffy and distance themselves...heyho, such are the times in which we live.

Sponsored Links
Bless, even good old David Jason cops a guilty plea, ffs. That one was so old, it had "Noah was 'ere" written on it and still he feels the need to self-flagellate and others get all huffy and distance themselves...heyho, such are the times in which we live.
What a society we live in when a harmless jest is called a racist jibe.
We should all have the ability to laugh at each other, providing it's meant in a lighthearted way.

Wotan

How the hell can anyone find that rascist ffs :eek:
We live in a society where accident blackspot, black ice and so forth are considered (by some) to be demeaning to our coloured brethren, so *anything* is possible.

Sponsored Links
A slightly different theme but emphasises the ability for people to be ridiculous about the things we say. A friend of mine who is in the fire service recently told me that they have used the abbreviation RTA (Road Traffic Accident) for many years, they are now not allowed to use this, but must use RTI (Road Traffic Incident) because 'Accident' implies that no-one was to blame and that may not be the case?? How stupid are 'we' these days???

Why can't we say what we like and just take it for what it is. If someone says something to me/about me that is derogatory in some way, i'd either respond with laughter (if it was amusing) or just ignore the idiot who said it if it was meant nastily. I went to see Lee Evans Live last year, he was taking the mickey (can i say that? :rolleyes: ) out of farmers (and i was sat next to two farmers!), why aren't they complaining about the offence he caused to the farming community?

Who or what is this Absolute Radio?

They must be a right bunch of r soles to issue this:

"We consider the views of our listeners to be very important and have received no complaints about these comments.

"received no complaints" so why the hell ask him to apologise.

PC gone totally off the rails.

I think the joke is on everyone as it isnt a pakistani name but an indian one like mahatma ghandi

Reminds me of the two "Asian" heroin addicts who injected themselves with curry powder by mistake - both are in intensive care.

One has a dodgy tikka and the other one is in a korma.

Never understood the majority of claims of rasism

For example: If you work on the basis that......

A British person is called a Brit....
A Polish person is a Pole
A Danish person is a Dane
A Swedish person is a Swede
Etc etc etc....

BUT a Pakistani person under no circumstances should be called a ****

This is not a racist comment in any way ....but i just dont get it.
British political correctness went MAD years ago. :rolleyes:

I suspect that is because the P-word has never (to my ears at least) been widely used in an innocent way... It generally gets used as a derogatory name for anyone from south-east asia.

Whilst Brit is used proudly here in the UK, it's actually used as a derogatory term in Johannesburg, btw :eek:

Please note rule 1 (Abusive or unhelpful posts are not welcome.) - See here for the forum rules.
Racist comment (and related replies) removed

free country everyone has the freedom of speech.

I haven't read the comments made by the couple so I can't say if they contained racist abuse or not.

However, I notice those people who complained about travellers leaving rubbish behind were from Havant. Last summer I walked over a field in the Havant area the day after (not for the first time) a bunch of Travellers had left it. Here are some of my pics (my Copyright).

View media item 9957-
View media item 9958-
View media item 9959-
View media item 9960-
View media item 9961-
View media item 9962-
View media item 9963-
View media item 9964-
View media item 9965-
View media item 9966-
View media item 9967-
View media item 9968-