This looks set to escalate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is it only the UK and US taking action, the Chinese goods are on the way to all of Europe

why aren't china and the rest of Europe getting involved ?

I'm not against military action (I would cut to the chase and just nuke Iran) but why are we so keen to get involved? we're nearly bankrupt.
As far as I know several other countries have joined in the naval operation, including from Europe, Canada and Bahrain.

And don't forget the Iran, Russia connection, another way of weakening the Ukraine support too.

This isn't an isolated little conflict

Sponsored Links
Some of that is right, but a lot if it is wrong.

But you are already looking at most of the world taking sides.

It looks difficult to stop unless Isreal comes to its senses, or is persuaded to.

But be very careful what you wish for.

China taking Israel to the International Court of Justice isn't helping.

too late:

That's a separate issue, and probably part of a long-standing legal wrangle:
The St Nikolas, which had earlier been named the Suez Rajan and is associated with the Greek shipping company Empire Navigation, was previously seized in a dispute between Tehran and the US, when it was carrying one million barrels of crude oil.
The vessel discharged its cargo to another tanker in August, which released its oil in Houston as part of a US Department of Justice order.
In September, Empire Navigation pleaded guilty to smuggling sanctioned Iranian crude oil and agreed to pay a $2.4m (£1.9m) fine over a case involving the tanker.

And how far is it going to escalate ?

How many countries are going to get involved?

Is the West totally innocent do you think?
That issue is not really connected to the Israeli slaughter in Gaza, it's a long standing legal wrangle.

But yes, certainly the west support for Israel and it's potentially criminal conduct in Gaza, West Bank and Israel, even proxy war, has caused the escalation.

Sponsored Links
why is it only the UK and US taking action, the Chinese goods are on the way to all of Europe

why aren't china and the rest of Europe getting involved ?

I'm not against military action (I would cut to the chase and just nuke Iran) but why are we so keen to get involved? we're nearly bankrupt.
It's part of the support for Israel and it's conduct in Gaza.

China has strong relations with Iran, a lot of trade, a lot of military hardware and missile tech knowledge, China get cheap oil in return and the chance to poke USA in the eye.

Trump was keen on maintaining sanctions against Iran which limited Iran's ability to fund terror, The EU dropped the sanctions in return for Iran postponing it's nuclear ambitions for a couple of years and one of Bidens first jobs was to rescind trumps executive order and lift the US sanctions on Iran.

It's a *****d up world out there, if Israel are reigned in too far, it'll be even more so.
Sillyboy making up 'fake news' on the hoof again.
Saudi Arabia is China's main crude oil supplier. In 2022, China imported nearly 87.5 million metric tons worth of crude oil from the Middle Eastern producing giant. In fact, the majority of China's oil imports originated from countries in the Middle East.
1705035288792.png

As Iran doesn't appear to supply any oil to China, I won't bother looking at the rest of sillyboy's lies in this post. :rolleyes:

Some of that is right, but a lot if it is wrong.

But you are already looking at most of the world taking sides.

It looks difficult to stop unless Isreal comes to its senses, or is persuaded to.

But be very careful what you wish for.
When you realise that sillyboy makes up 'fake facts' to fit his narrative, you'll realise that all of sillyboy's comments can be dismissed as his vivid imagination.

This isn't an isolated little conflict
It's an escalation caused by the conduct of Israel in Gaza.
Bahrain is the only Arab country providing support.
When you realise that Bahrain is about the same size as Ibiza, it punches well above its weigth.
One wonders what its long term objectives are.

China taking Israel to the International Court of Justice isn't helping.
More fake news from sillyboy.

His fake news production is on high output today.
China, on Wednesday, urged an end to “collective punishment” of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip without directly commenting on proceedings against Israel at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) brought by South Africa

Sillyboy must have been on the phone listening to Mark Regev's nonsense.

It's an escalation caused by the conduct of Israel in Gaza.
Bahrain is the only Arab country providing support.
When you realise that Bahrain is about the same size as Ibiza, it punches well above its weigth.
One wonders what its long term objectives are.

Shortly after the Gaza war erupted in early October, Bahrain’s King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa issued a directive to provide urgent aid to the Palestinian people. Weeks later, in early November, the lower house of the parliament charged that the Israeli ambassador had left and that economic relations had been cut. However, Israel has stated that bilateral ties are “stable.”

After banning demonstrations for almost nine years, the Bahraini government recently allowed protest gatherings. Against this backdrop, Abdullah said that Bahrainis have over the past three months “been protesting on a weekly basis without interruption," including one rally "outside the Zionist entity’s embassy," noting that the rallies have drawn “the participation of Bahrainis from different constituencies and with different views.”

amwaj.media

Since the UK has a naval base there i imagine its long term objective is to maintain a balance between the Arab world and the West. They walk the line.

As Iran doesn't appear to supply any oil to China, I won't bother looking at the rest of sillyboy's lies in this post. :rolleyes:

Nov 10 (Reuters) - China's oil imports from Iran have hit record highs as Iran ramps up output despite the threat of further U.S. sanctions.

Existing sanctions were implemented over Iran's nuclear programme, and U.S. lawmakers are seeking to exert further pressure after the Oct. 7 attacks on Israel by Hamas, which has long been backed by Iran, although Tehran has denied any involvement.

U.S. lawmakers are now considering legislation that could impose measures on foreign ports and refineries that process petroleum exported from Iran.

China imported about 1.18 million barrels per day (bpd) of Iranian oil last month, down from 1.22 million bpd in November and 23% off October's record 1.53 million bpd, tanker tracker Vortexa Analytics reckons.4 days ago

Reuters.com

the Arab world

Too simplistic.

I was listening to Frank Gardner and (Lyse Doucet?) on R5L yesterday.

Hamas hate the Palestinian Authority.

Hezbollah hate Hamas.

Saudi Arabia hate Hezbollah.

Hezbollah are welcomed in Lebanon.

Iran fund the Houthis.

Someone hates the Houthis (I'd lost track before then).

"Powder keg" and "tinder box" spring to mind..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back