This looks set to escalate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Whose the fantasist here, those who perish the thought it could ever happen or those that look to evidence across Europe that terrorist attacks have happened in the recent past and could happen again given the rise in mass migration?

Does bombing solve anything.
The Saudis had been bombing Yemen for years.
Without "boots on the ground" the attacks might continue.

Sponsored Links
I suspect it's easy to find where the drones and missiles are kept. It will be interesting to see what Iran says/does. The Houthi's have declared retaliation in imminent.

Last edited:
I loved their comment this morning that we need to be a little restraint to avoid escalation
R4 this morning explained how the Saudis were on the brink of a deal with Yemen to end the conflict. Difficult one for them now, they desperately want out of Yemen and won't want to rock the boat by publicly backing the US.

It would have been rude to leave without bombing anyone, says Sunak

12th January 2024

RISHI Sunak has authorised British airstrikes on Yemen, because what kind of prime minister would he be if he left office without a few airstrikes?

Sunak authorised joint US-UK airstrikes on Houthi militants on the basis it is classic British leadership stuff and it would be a shame to be voted out without giving it a go.

He said: “Hey, all the greats did it: Blair, Thatcher, Cameron. Who am I to hold myself back from joining their august company?

“Arguably Liz and Boris failed as PMs because they didn’t authorise high-precision bombing against militants backed by Iran. Certainly it couldn’t have hurt.

“Global shipping is threatened, which could harm our food supply because Brexit hasn’t worked out quite yet, so it’s time to get the toys out and make a few bangs.
“It’s giving serious Suez vibes, right down to me no longer being in Downing Street by the end of the year so what have I got to lose? Will it provide a poll boost? Nah. We’re well past that.”
He added: “It’s crazy. I didn’t know who the Houthis were in November, now here I am bombing them.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back