It has escalated..

It's not damage to the ships that is the objective, it's protest in support of Palestinians, making it inconvenient for global shipping, increasing costs, expenditure of USA and UK's arsenal, etc.
Sounds like a Stalinist strategy. We will keep putting people in the way of bullets in the hope they run out.

Sponsored Links
The Red Sea is over 2,000 kilometres long, It's just over 350 kilomteres wide, and the Houthis have no navy to speak of, and their air force consists of one ageing F5 fighter.
Their weapons have a limit of 1,900 kilometres.
You accuse me of naivety? :ROFLMAO:
Geography not your forte? :rolleyes:

You might not like what they're doing, but it doesn't mean that they're stupid. :rolleyes:
Your proposal is currently impossible and stupid. :rolleyes:
Don’t forget the helicopters Roy.

The Red Sea is over 2,000 kilometres long, It's just over 350 kilomteres wide, and the Houthis have no navy to speak of, and their air force consists of one ageing F5 fighter.
Their weapons have a limit of 1,900 kilometres.
You accuse me of naivety? :ROFLMAO:
Geography not your forte? :rolleyes:

You might not like what they're doing, but it doesn't mean that they're stupid. :rolleyes:
Your proposal is currently impossible and stupid. :rolleyes:
Huh???

I didn't make a proposal.

Quoting the right post not your forte? :rolleyes:

USA prefers to escalate the confliuct rather than telling the Israelis to wind down.
Might have been the intention all along - reason to carry out more strikes as they new that the 1st wouldn't stop the activity. I'd say that was rather likely.

Sponsored Links
You're suggesting he's as dim as your grand-daughters.

...and their air force consists of one ageing F5 fighter....
Don’t forget the helicopters Roy.
Helicoptors are not normally counted as part of the dedicated Air Force. :rolleyes:
In order to acquire a close air support capability armies sought to expand, establish or re-establish their own tactical aviation branches, which are usually composed of helicopters, rather than fixed-wing aircraft.

Sounds like a Stalinist strategy. We will keep putting people in the way of bullets in the hope they run out.
Their startegy is to protest against Israeli genocide in Palestine, which serves to increase costs for everyone, to escalate the crisis, and to embrace western attention, so that western populations sit up and take notice.
But the threat the Houthis pose is less about the physical damage they might cause and more about the danger to international navigation.

The Houthis are well experienced in military strilkes, they resisted about 6 years of Saudi bombing, emerging even stonger.
The Houthis were then bombed by the Saudis from 2015 until the ceasefire came in over a year ago, so a fresh round of strikes is unlikely to intimidate them - they are used to it.
I don't think one single round of air strikes is going to do more than make them think yes, we are on the right track.

If what you say was true, they'd be attacking Israel, not each other
You suggested that the Arabs are attacking each other, but they should be attacking Israel. :rolleyes:
Huh???
I didn't make a proposal.
Proposal, suggestion, same difference.
Proposal:
"a plan or suggestion, especially a formal or written one, put forward for consideration by others.
A proposal is a plan or an idea, often a formal or written one, which is suggested for people to think about and decide upon."

Quoting the right post not your forte? :rolleyes:
English vocabulary not your forte? :rolleyes:

Not the smartest thing to do - AIS notes “free guns come and get them”
For about 12 months now, Israel has been issuing guns to civilians in Israel.
Dated februry 2023
Following a deadly terror attack in Jerusalem last month, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that his government will loosen restrictions on private gun ownership in Israel and expand the licensing of weapons for thousands of civilians.

1705639014158.png

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Bernjamin Franklin

United States President Joe Biden has pledged to continue strikes against Yemen’s Houthis even as he admitted that military action against the rebel group has failed to halt attacks on commercial shipping.

Pentagon spokesperson Sabrina Singh said in a later briefing that the Houthis would have to make the decision to stop the attacks.

Al Jazeera.com

Unlikely, given the Zionists continue their ethnic cleansing in Gaza and refuse to heed American pleas for a ceasefire.

Sponsored Links
Back