Tony Blair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
you are misusing the term "an offence"

I will remember to the use it in the correct way in future.

There are certain things we cannot say in public for fear of breaking the law. If someone makes it a law that you can't deny the holocaust, that would be the same. So ridiculous as it seems it is possible.

Sponsored Links
there is no suggestion that Blair or his group made a proposal for "questioning" or "doubting" to be offences. Have a look at the first post on this thread. It is a lie, probably intended to stir up argument.

In Germany and Austria Holocaust Denial is an offence, as is the display of Swastikas. They used to have a lot of committed Nazis to keep under control. Many of them have changed their minds and/or pegged out by now.

There is a fellow called David Irvine who made an unsuccessful libel claim after a book described him as a Holocaust denier, falsifier, and bigot, and said that he manipulated and distorted real documents.
The English court found that Irving was an active Holocaust denier, antisemite, and racist, who "for his own ideological reasons persistently and deliberately misrepresented and manipulated historical evidence". In addition, the court found that Irving's books had distorted the history of Adolf Hitler's role in the Holocaust in order to depict Hitler in a favourable light

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Irving

It is not a crime in the UK, but he repeated his claims in other countries, including Germany where he addressed neo-Nazi rallies and was eventually expelled. He was also prosecuted and imprisoned in Austria. During his trial he claimed to have learned that he was wrong and to have changed his mind. He has been banned from entering many countries, including Canada and Austria. He is something of a serial litigator.

We can accurately and safely describe him as an active Holocaust denier, antisemite, and racist.

He has written a number of books which are popular among neo-Nazis and antisemites. Some of Mr Irving's views seem to have cropped up recently on DIYnot. I am sure that he had access to all the "evidence" and opinions available to Joe. They have been thoroughly examined and dismissed.

Err but dismissed by whom?

He who controls the present controls the past.

If Irving had been able to substantiate his claims, he would not have lost his libel case.

He is an active Holocaust denier, antisemite, and racist who falsifies history.

A bit like the 4.1 million being gassed at Auschwitz? Shrunken Heads? Human skin lampshades? Star of David floor tiles?

The lies are surely not that big are they? I've not read any of his books.

I don't want to take sides as I have always believed the historical accounts.

However, I would say that nothing posted in these two threads is other than would be expected if it did happen or if it did not happen.
That is, whichever side you do believe the 'facts' are either true or what would have been invented to further that view.

My question is:

How can anyone today really know?

We know more about Tyrannosaurus Rex than we know about the holocaust - and the last one of those died over 140 million years ago. That's why I wonder why the pro holocaust camp are so adamant that science can't examine the facts and the places. Even talking about it can get you imprisoned.

I think I know why. ;)

It's the personal statements, photos (lack of) that turned me into a disbeliever.

23 times the population of Bristol cannot disappear without a trace.

Where do you think they went then? Pretty well the whole Jewish population of mainland Europe? Not to mention the other groups.

Israel. Where do you think they went?

And where are the films, photos and personal statements from, e.g. the occupying British troops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back