Took my car to kwik fit, driving home and the car cut out and leaking fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean "drops some fuel"? It’s diesel isn’t it? Any fuel dropped won’t just disappear.

Sponsored Links
So you went to quick fit again?
After your first trip I would not have gone there again...
???

So you went to quick fit again?
After your first trip I would not have gone there again...
???

I went to kwik fit and 10 minuters alter it has this issue.

It's ok I am going ot close my account I know you guy's are being silly now, all of you.

What do you mean "drops some fuel"? It’s diesel isn’t it? Any fuel dropped won’t just disappear.

It's a cycle. it drives fine then suddenly strong fuel smell and cuts out. when i start it up again it does not leak at all until it re staretsthe cycle and suddenly drops a bit of fuel near injectoirs and cutrs out

Sponsored Links
There really is nothing that Kwik-Fit could have done to have caused that.

they could have distrubed a fuel pipe or something or deliberately done something, the guy was bad tempered already and tbh lookedl ike a total chav.

It has never happened in 4 years, not once cut out, not once leaked fuel, yet literally 10 minutes coming out of kwik fit the problem arises. I had no codes on my read a few days before when i checked it other than for egr flow.

it has never leaked fuel or been a gradual problem as never seen any leaks and never smelt fuel in the car until then

I know now that the lekaing fuel and the cutting out are directly related issue, it leaks some fuel ( strong smell all of a sudden of fuel linside car )and cuts riht out within seconds, starts back up with no leaks drives ok for a day ro so then the strong smell of fuel comes back followed by immediete cut out fo the engine

I DIDN'T TAKE IT IN FOR AN EXHAUST CLAMP !!!! I SAID IN THE THRE3AD I REPLACED THECLAMP AND THAT THE CLAMP WAS NOT THE CAUSE OF THE NOISE !!!!!!
You said in your first post that you took the car to kwik-fit to investigate a noise under the car which happened to be an old clamp.
I didn't say that, you did.

Maybe the ECU is goosed? I'd imagine that would be a fatal blow on this vehicle.
Just looked at wiring diagram and they are all seperate feed and returns to ECU. As said in a previous post the fuel then would return through leak off pipes which i suspect are leaking which is where the fuel is comoing from.

Just looked at wiring diagram and they are all seperate feed and returns to ECU. As said in a previous post the fuel then would return through leak off pipes which i suspect are leaking which is where the fuel is comoing from.

Probably, but as the leak-off pipes are in constant use the entire time the ignition is turned on, engine running or not - then why intermittent fuel spill rather than constant? An high pressure leak would be even more constant, even more obvious and the fuel at such high pressure, would be squirted all over the engine compartment - so likely not an HP leakage.

Both the electric pumps(s) and the HP mechanical pumps provide much more fuel than is needed to the injectors. Surplus fuel leaks out of the injectors, at low pressure, via the leak-back pipes, via a fuel cooler, to the fuel tank.

Probably, but as the leak-off pipes are in constant use the entire time the ignition is turned on, engine running or not - then why intermittent fuel spill rather than constant? An high pressure leak would be even more constant, even more obvious and the fuel at such high pressure, would be squirted all over the engine compartment - so likely not an HP leakage.

Both the electric pumps(s) and the HP mechanical pumps provide much more fuel than is needed to the injectors. Surplus fuel leaks out of the injectors, at low pressure, via the leak-back pipes, via a fuel cooler, to the fuel tank.

Yeah but it appears that the injectors are shutting at the same time which will build pressure for the leak off pipes.

The leak off pipes are completely dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back