Touch Dimmer

Sponsored Links
I have only ever seen one, but I seem to remember it had standard Com and L1 terminals, aswell as some additional terminals for slave switches. I beleive you can just wire to the Com and L1 terminals as normal and ignore the rest.

HTH

Rob

Yes, worked fine for me.

I have one in the bedroom that allows me to use a remote to control it.

Just one minor annoyance, occassionally my attempt to touch it 'on' somehow becomes 2 touches, 'on' then back 'off' again.

I had the double version in my old flat.

They are a direct swap electrically, however beware that like most dimmers they are quite deep and the standard depth metal box that most light switches fit into is only *just* deep enough.

Therefore if you have a lot of cables in the box, or it is mounted very close to the surface it might be a tight squeeeeese.

Also, mine was rated at 400w and I had around 250-300 watts running on it and it did get quite warm to the touch.

Sponsored Links
I have one of these. It has a learning mode where you can programme any infra red remote to control the switch. They are very easy to use and wire. It has a third terminal that isn't used if its just a single switch for a single light.

Another thing, it appears it doesn't actually truly turn the light off, what it does is pass a little current all the time, because it is in standby waiting for an infra red signal or a touch, like your TV in standby. For this reason, it is always ever so slightly warm to the touch. There is not enough current to give off any light though, it might only pass half a watt, if that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back