Touch Sensitive Dimmer and 2 gang, 1 with dimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Happy 2009 to everyone. I apologize first of if there are no images as this is the first time I have tried imageshack.

Here are the images hopefully

View media item 7282 View media item 7283 View media item 7284 View media item 7285
Hope they appear-lol.
My understanding is that for the lobby one gang-which I do not intend adding too-that the wiring is one red core is Live the other is the light feed.

For the bathroom light/fan the wiring arrangement is
cable 1 R,Y,Bl is to the fan (Red live, Yellow switched live, Blue Neutral)
cable 2 R,Bk to the light (Red in with yellow) ( Red switched live, Black neutral)
Cables 3 & 4 are loop feeds (Reds are live, Blacks are neutral)

I understand that I can replace the lobby light with a touch sensitive one gang dimmer. But re the bathroom was unsure as to whether I could use a touch sensitive dimmer or given that there is also a fan that I would have to go for something similar to the 2 gang with dimmer and whether there is a model which allows both of these to be touch sensitive.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kindest regards-Bammer

Sponsored Links
For it to work reliably, you'd need to have two switches, as you have pictured (I think you found the picture on this forum somewhere). The switch pictured (with a dimmer and switch) is not an off-the-shelf item, you would need to make it up with grid components - namely a faceplate, grid plate, switch and dimmer, which clip together. Unfortunately, you wont find touch sensitive dimmers in the grid range.

You could, of course, fit a switch plate, and a dimmer plate, side by side, but you'd need to go bashing the walls about for that.

Steve,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. The dimmer/switch photo is from my sitting room where two picture lights were installed and connected into two, two way/two gang switches. My friend kindly made the switch up with the dimmer and a intermediate 2 way. I suppose that I could install a pull cord for the fan in the bathroom and a touch sensitive one gang dimmer for the light so that the good lady could dim the lights down when she is having a bath via remote?
The switch is located outside the bathroom and there is no problem in retracting the fan wiring back through the conduit to rewire to the pull cord
What you think?

Rumour has it you can get pull-cord dimmer switches which also work with fans...

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds,
Hi. Care to point me in the right direction then please? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance
Do you mean http://www.dimpull.co.uk/movie.html
Is this item able to be controlled from the bath if for example I wanted more light as to ambient and didn't want to step outside and get my tootsies dry-lol?
Thanks for the heads up by the way-appreciate

Worked a treat-no issues. Thanks for the input-regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back