TV Solution (new build)

Sponsored Links
i think that what i will do is install a double socket and a slim satellite feed socket. The reason for the double socket is we use powerline and maybe at some point the tv might need internet access as wifi is pretty rubbish in my place.

Thanks for all the help here guys, appreciate it
I'm glad you will put in a double socket in spite of the misinformation from RF Lighting. An aerial socket is also useful as backup and for the channels not on satellite, or ones that are scrambled on satellite and clear on an aerial.

Don't use powerline adapters though. They are bad technology and cause interference to other users.

https://www.ban-plt.org.uk
https://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/publications/whitepaper195
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.p...te-owners-bad-powerline-network-adapters.html

Last edited:
Please ignore this advice from winston1. It may not be factually correct.
HOW DARE YOU TELL PEOPLE TO IGNORE A RESPECTED MEMBER OR ANYONE ELSE.

What is not factually correct about my post?

IF YOU MAKE THAT INSULTING REMARK AGAIN I WILL REPORT IT TO THE MODS.

Sponsored Links
I’m just following your own advice.

Would you advise people to ignore guidance which is wrong?
What a silly question!

The answer is "Of course".

Until you either provide some evidence to support your claim that “DIY Electrics is illegal in Ireland” or retract that statement and apologise then your advice can not be trusted to be factually accurate and I must warn people of this for their protection.

This is a very wierd post for me to make where I'm going to totally contradict myself in 2 adjacent posts in the same thread but in the interests of fairness and to demonstrate my own ability to sort the wheat from the chaff:
HOW DARE YOU TELL PEOPLE TO IGNORE A RESPECTED MEMBER OR ANYONE ELSE.

Winston are you daring to put yourself onthe list of respeced members? I'll quote one of the old wives sayings "Self praise is no praise" and I think it fits the bill nicely. I truly can't think of any other regular poster on this forum who would put you on that list! Oh and shouting is an excelent demonstration that you have lost in a reasoned discussion.
To other regulars on this forum please feel free to correct me.

This is a very wierd post for me to make where I'm going to totally contradict myself in 2 adjacent posts in the same thread but in the interests of fairness and to demonstrate my own ability to sort the wheat from the chaff:

Don't use powerline adapters though. They are bad technology and cause interference to other users.

A lovely concise and factual post.

Powerline adapters should be banned.

If you want to rotate the TV through 180°, one thing to watch out for is routing cables so that no undue stress is placed on plug/socket connectors of the TV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back