Ugly External Concrete Stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new flat and i have to go up a flight of EXTERNAL concrete stairs to get to my front door. Structually the stairs are fine, however i want to make them look more modern and much nicer but unsure of what i can do with concrete stairs. I've heard of concrete paint but havnt found one for external concrete and not sure how that would look.

Would it be easier/nice looking to put some sort of tile on the stairs?

I want it to look as modern and expensive as possible - but on a budget!

Any ideas or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Darryll

++++++++++++++++++
Moderator's note:

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Please familiarise yourself with
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19448
including 1a.

I have deleted your duplicate post.

Mod Rupert
++++++++++++++++++++

Sponsored Links
Yep you can tile it no problem. You'll need to be using porcelain tiles though because they're more resistant to cracking in freezing temperatures. Use a powdered adhesive that's suitable for porcelain tiles and a powdered grout too. I always recommend grey grout for floors because it doesn't show dirt anywhere like lighter colours. Lots of information here //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=77709

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back