Universal Credit is madness

Why not?

Doesn't even the party that you did vote for do things with which you disagree?

I can complain about the monarchy; didn't vote for them either.

Do you really think one vote every five years is "having your say"?

We've also seen the chaos caused by giving "the people" an extra vote.

As I said, lots wrong with our voting system.

But I don't know of any other legitimate choice to try and change things. And if you don't even try to change the leadership, then don't complain about things never changing!

Voting is always a compromise (if you research what each political party stands for and wants). Sometimes it is right to vote for the devil you know. Sometimes you have to vote for the lesser of 2 (used to be 3) evils.

But if you don't try and change things, don't complain if they never change.

The chaos caused by the extra vote, I agree. Were the voters fully informed? Should we have had a vote? But it doesn't detract from the point of a General Election. Or otherwise, let's not even have any more Elections and just let the current lot run the Country for ever?

It is not the system I would like, but until then........

Sponsored Links
Doing something pointless is not having your say.

Once elected the M.P. is supposed to represent everyone so it is still possible and valid to complain.

M.P.s are allowed to abstain or not turn up. I used to do the same.

But if you don't try and change things, don't complain if they never change.

If you live in a constituency where your preferred party is a minority, its going to be hard to vote and consider you are 'trying to change things'

sadly the 2 main parties arent interested in PR systems because it doesnt favour them.

Doing something pointless is not having your say.

Once elected the M.P. is supposed to represent everyone so it is still possible and valid to complain.

M.P.s are allowed to abstain or not turn up. I used to do the same.

Doing nothing is even more pointless.

I regularly write and email to my MP. Always complaining, never praised him.

I live in a constituency that very rarely changes, but it doesn't stop me trying to make it happen. The other choice is just to allow everything to carry on as it is, and I don't agree with that.

As I said, lots wrong with our voting system, but it is all we have to make a choice with!

Sponsored Links
Then donot whinge about politicians services or taxes,

Who is whinging apart from you ?

I use my democratic right not to vote

I have no intention of voting for Corbyn or Boris Johnson or who ever is in charge of the liberals .

The only time a politician gives a damn about democracy is when they come around yer house cap in hand for yer vote to either get a job or keep a job u want to buy into the charade tis up to you some might say that u need to pull yet ead out of the orifice in your back side

I have no opinion on the subject :LOL:

Who is whinging apart from you ?

I use my democratic right not to vote

I have no intention of voting for Corbyn or Boris Johnson or who ever is in charge of the liberals .

The only time a politician gives a damn about democracy is when they come around yer house cap in hand for yer vote to either get a job or keep a job u want to buy into the charade tis up to you some might say that u need to pull yet ead out of the orifice in your back side

I have no opinion on the subject :LOL:
Not voting is not democratic,its idle,stupid and misguided

Back