URGENT-Is the boiler flu too close.

WHAT THE HECK has anyones Corgi registration got to do with anything on here?

Why do you seem so intent on turning this into something that it is not.

it is: a neighbours flue is causing a problem.
it is NOT "is TT a real gas man"

It is NOT, a neighbours flue has not been fitted to the manufacturers/corgi stds.

Stop being so pathetic :(

Sponsored Links
WHAT THE HECK has anyones Corgi registration got to do with anything on here?

Why do you seem so intent on turning this into something that it is not.

it is NOT "is TT a real gas man"

It is NOT, a neighbours flue has not been fitted to the manufacturers/corgi stds.

Stop being so pathetic :(

Dont worry about argile he is just trying on is new big head on for size he likes to show folks he is someone i blame it on is parents he was brought up on a cracked nipple.

Agile im sure my mrs would disagree she thinks i am more than a little strange.

TT as for heatingman proving me wrong lets just see what happens to the flue one persons nuisance is not anothers

As for the sherlock holmes comment it does not take a genius to divide 20000 by 60 engineers or is that 75 as you said previously it must be some size of council contract you claim to oversee,

Now for the corgi thing i am not interested in who you are or if you are registered.

What i am interested in is either you telling a lie or passing someone elses lie on and claiming pluming boilers are causing 7 deaths from perfectly fitted boilers . And then claiming its suitcases and xmas trees causing it.

Well two simple phone calls to corgi today and its nothing at all to do with boilers fitted PROPERLY TO THE REGS.

The incidents have involved boilers with the flues fitted into ducting and ceiling voids (also twin pipe flues) mainly in flats and passing through other properties and not being clipped properly and not being able to be inspected due to being boxed in and in time the flues have sagged and caused the joints and seals to go
thus causing dangerous situations and there has been a couple of deaths that are still being investigated
Far different situation to a properly fitted boiler causing a problem.

Currently BG and corgi are doing a number of inspections on new builds in the last 6 years by some major house developers to see how wide spread it is

You will find details on it initially in technical bulletin 200

And more in tech bulletin 235

Ah I see... so now we have changed our tune slightly from 7 'incidents' as you previously claimed to several deaths with several other incidents being investigated.

But yet you miraculously decided that the conversation that the Corgi inspector that spoke to myself and others didn't occur but now you are coming round to the idea that there is some substance to my earlier statement.

I will just have to reiterate that the conversation that you claim could not possibly have happened also included the statement that one of the boilers was fitted to approved siting standards but due to an out of calibration gas valve the CO level whacked up to 39,000PPM and re entered a house causing a fatality. Did this incident really happen? I've no idea I wasn't there! But I have relayed the statement made by what I would assume to be a credible source.

I have no interest whatsoever in whether you wish to believe that or not however I do think that it is worth pointing out that not only are you now pointing out deaths from condensing boilers after a little prompting from myself but still seem totally oblivious to my original point that an out of calibration condensing boiler can expel high levels of Carbon Monoxide which I personally would not wish to be entering any property whether the terminal was sited within marginal limits or not.

As has already been pointed out by the original poster he feels that not only is the pluming a nuisance but that he feels that there is a real chance of these fumes entering his bedroom.

And quite who you are to suggest that anyone has to put up with this is beyond me as well as being misleading as you state that the products of combustion are simply Carbon Dioxide and water omitting that incomplete combustion will result in Carbon Monoxide being chucked in there as well.

Quite frankly with your disregard for customer concerns I wouldn't let you within a mile of one of my customers houses.

As regards details of any of the numerous contracts or private work or installations carried out by my company or even the current workforce what the hell has it got to do with you ?

So far you've had the cheek to comment on the amount of work carried out by my company, my position within it, my Corgi registration, the fact that my standards exceed your own regarding flue siting as well as demanding that I prove my registration to a clown that I do not know, join some secret society inner circle Combustion chamber group although I have expressed no desire to do so, and insisted that I visit a website that I also show no desire to visit.

Is there something seriously wrong with you? you seem to have a seriously inflated sense of your own importance in life!

I note that like all bullying cowards you have declined to take up my financial challenge, most bullies fail to step up to the plate when challenged and you fit the bill exactly.

I'm afraid that you've picked on the wrong person this time to try to intimidate.

Tony

I'm assuming that you miss the irony of insisting that I publicise my name whilst replying to someone called Namsag!

I have and never have had any problem whatsoever in publicising either my name or individual Corgi registration number but again would wonder who exactly you and your sidekick think that you are in demanding anything off anyone, you appear to be another who has an inflated sense of your own importance.

I couldn't care less about who you meet up with at exhibitions or if you cwch up to Namsag on a Saturday evening to watch strictly come dancing I don't want to be your mate and couldn't care less what your name is or what your Corgi number is.

Which by the way I have no way of knowing is a genuine number, just as you would have no idea if any number that I shoved on here was genuine either.

Just who do you think you are insisting that no one is a genuine RGI unless they've joined your own little discussion club?

If you are really so infatuated in the search for truth why don't you take up my wager offer, I will reduce it to a £100 to charity and a grovelling apology on here, I would be more than happy to provide full written evidence of my Corgi registration under such circumstances rather than being browbeaten into handing it out by a couple of idiots who appear to think that they are Corgi's secret police for some bizarre reason!

I won't hold my breath! But would genuinely ask that you and your pal stop acting the great I Am's and realise that you are nothing more and nothing less than a couple of ordinary guys who appear to think that you are the GAS Police.

You aren't... grow up and stop demanding that others carry out your instructions!

Sponsored Links
The last 2 pages are quite rediculous, although very entertaining. So i will stay out of that side of it. thanks! :cool:

I am still not convinced the infomation provided is accurate regarding the deaths, wether it is your mistake or the CORGI inspectors i couldn't really give a monkeys. I would very much appreciate some hard evidence or written detail on the matter though as if it IS correct it will very much effect my work.

OK Trundle Tricks: Going back to the original problem. Can i ask for your opinion in what is a reasonable distance. The size of the plume varies depending on wind speed, direction, outside temperature what direction the terminal is facing what the landscape around the house, what the neighbours are like even!! etc etc etc. How can you gauge BEFORE an installation, what is going to cause a nuisance and what isn't?

Personally, i use the MI along with a bit of common sense, it's not easy IMO and sometimes you will get it wrong! But if i'm honest, majority of houses we install in don't have the luxury of alternative positions, or if they do the plume would cause a nuisance in another area.

So, please if you wouldn't mind pulling yourself away from the scrappy talk above and discuss the original matter, i would be interested to here your findings.

Cheers, Sam

Sambotc has hit the nail on the head "i use the MI along with a bit of common sense", low flue position between windows on terraced/semi's = plume management kit. To avoid disputes/upset.
Does sound like a "handbags at dawn" episode is kicking off.

John

So turdy tricks how have i changed my tune where do i say several deaths actually read what i said a couple which are still being investigated so the cause has still not been determined.

Not my words but from corgi press releases for all to see unlike your mysterious corgi guys comments then denials why would he do that .strange

Oh and funny how the two seperate guys i spoke to knew nothing about your correctly installed flue discharging into a window and killing someone both said there have been no incidents at all of this happening.

Try phoning corgi as you said you where going to do they will tell you the same

It is very easy to see that the corgi guy who supposedly spoke to you then said keep it a secret probably said something completely different and you have done what you have done here and made something up in your own mind .

SO WHAT DATE WAS THE EMAIL SENT TO YOU DENYING WHAT HE SAID.

That shows a distinct lack of intelligence a bit like failing one of your years as an apprentice but if that gives you a chip on your shoulder so be it.

If you want to read back i not only said complete combustion gave CO2 and H2O i also mentioned incomplete gave CO.

Where did i say you had to join combustion chamber i have not even mentioned the place so we have a couple of more things you are making up in your little Walter Mitty life

As for bullying don`t talk sh#te or i will hit you with my hand bag :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am starting to believe you are management you have a couple of excellent credentials

1 . Dont like to be told your wrong
2. And Like all failed apprentices move them out the way in case they hurt someone that was a gas board ploy too

Ah I see... so now we have changed our tune slightly from 7 'incidents' as you previously claimed to several deaths with several other incidents being investigated.

But yet you miraculously decided that the conversation that the Corgi inspector that spoke to myself and others didn't occur but now you are coming round to the idea that there is some substance to my earlier statement.

I will just have to reiterate that the conversation that you claim could not possibly have happened also included the statement that one of the boilers was fitted to approved siting standards but due to an out of calibration gas valve the CO level whacked up to 39,000PPM and re entered a house causing a fatality. Did this incident really happen? I've no idea I wasn't there! But I have relayed the statement made by what I would assume to be a credible source.

I have no interest whatsoever in whether you wish to believe that or not however I do think that it is worth pointing out that not only are you now pointing out deaths from condensing boilers after a little prompting from myself but still seem totally oblivious to my original point that an out of calibration condensing boiler can expel high levels of Carbon Monoxide which I personally would not wish to be entering any property whether the terminal was sited within marginal limits or not.

As has already been pointed out by the original poster he feels that not only is the pluming a nuisance but that he feels that there is a real chance of these fumes entering his bedroom.

And quite who you are to suggest that anyone has to put up with this is beyond me as well as being misleading as you state that the products of combustion are simply Carbon Dioxide and water omitting that incomplete combustion will result in Carbon Monoxide being chucked in there as well.

Quite frankly with your disregard for customer concerns I wouldn't let you within a mile of one of my customers houses.

As regards details of any of the numerous contracts or private work or installations carried out by my company or even the current workforce what the hell has it got to do with you ?

So far you've had the cheek to comment on the amount of work carried out by my company, my position within it, my Corgi registration, the fact that my standards exceed your own regarding flue siting as well as demanding that I prove my registration to a clown that I do not know, join some secret society inner circle Combustion chamber group although I have expressed no desire to do so, and insisted that I visit a website that I also show no desire to visit.

Is there something seriously wrong with you? you seem to have a seriously inflated sense of your own importance in life!

I note that like all bullying cowards you have declined to take up my financial challenge, most bullies fail to step up to the plate when challenged and you fit the bill exactly.

I'm afraid that you've picked on the wrong person this time to try to intimidate.

Tony

I'm assuming that you miss the irony of insisting that I publicise my name whilst replying to someone called Namsag!

I have and never have had any problem whatsoever in publicising either my name or individual Corgi registration number but again would wonder who exactly you and your sidekick think that you are in demanding anything off anyone, you appear to be another who has an inflated sense of your own importance.

I couldn't care less about who you meet up with at exhibitions or if you cwch up to Namsag on a Saturday evening to watch strictly come dancing I don't want to be your mate and couldn't care less what your name is or what your Corgi number is.

Which by the way I have no way of knowing is a genuine number, just as you would have no idea if any number that I shoved on here was genuine either.

Just who do you think you are insisting that no one is a genuine RGI unless they've joined your own little discussion club?

If you are really so infatuated in the search for truth why don't you take up my wager offer, I will reduce it to a £100 to charity and a grovelling apology on here, I would be more than happy to provide full written evidence of my Corgi registration under such circumstances rather than being browbeaten into handing it out by a couple of idiots who appear to think that they are Corgi's secret police for some bizarre reason!

I won't hold my breath! But would genuinely ask that you and your pal stop acting the great I Am's and realise that you are nothing more and nothing less than a couple of ordinary guys who appear to think that you are the GAS Police.

You aren't... grow up and stop demanding that others carry out your instructions!

Now this is what i have been trying to say to these two block heads for a long long time but i have no doubt they will be back to there bully boy tactics, well said TT

Well lets very quickly summarize an answer to your latest contribution.

1) I haven't failed any year of an apprenticeship but who cares anyway? I'm really not that bothered what you do or don't believe, you appear to be a raving idiot to be perfectly honest.

2) We can gather from your responses that you couldn't care less if tainted or untainted boiler fumes re enter a property or not. I do care!

3) I appear to be a touch busier than you on a Monday keeping peoples heating going as I didn't really have time to contact any Corgi employee today, I'm not entirely sure why I need to though as my colleagues are quite aware of what was said. As regards providing Email dates etc I repeat are you on drugs or something?

4) You appear to be a Corgi maniac it must break your heart that we are not all as slavish to the cause as yourself, please don't do anything silly when they hand over responsibility to Crapita next year.

I once again note your reluctance to accept the wager that would clearly prove your superiority over my humble opinion, we can only assume that you don't quite have the courage of your convictions on this one, so I will leave you chuntering feverishly over an opened Corgi handbook to anybody that still listens to your gibberish.

In answer to

Sambotc and Heatingmans quite reasonable enquiries.

I would do exactly the same as you guys, Manufacturers instructions with the provision that if I felt that there was a possibility of re entry of fumes either in the same property or next door I would a) refuse to fit in the original required site if I was 100% positive that there would be issues.

b) Point out to the customer in other site locations that it would seem unlikely that there would be any pluming issues but that if it subsequently proved to be so there could well be a problem with next door which may or may not result in legal action and that there may be a possibility that the boiler may have to be moved. Obviously a pluming kit would be utilised away from any areas where possible. Naturally siting locations are limited to the style of building and it is difficult to predict where wind will blow POC at any given time.

I certainly would not just plonk a boiler in a location where I knew that there would be problems just because I was covered by minimum clearance dimensions. In fact in the case mentioned it turns out that the manufacturers instructions do mention that there must be no opportunity for fumes to drift across and into another properties rooms.

The actual location in this case would on the face of it seem OK dimension and site wise and I would have a certain degree of sympathy with the installer, however it has subsequently turned out that it is causing problems then I would expect the installer to return and in the first instance try a pluming kit out to see if that helped satisfy the neighbours concerns.

I would not just tell the neighbour " Tough Luck" as our Corgi obsessed friend would have.

Sambotc as per your request I will contact said Corgi inspector to ask him to clarify the situation, whether this will be tomorrow, or later in the week depends on how busy I am and his availability. I will PM you with his reply as soon as I receive this.

i was told through another installer a few weeks ago, a certain make of boiler with twin flue going into shared duct was responsible. a totally different situation to what this thread is about.

Tony

For someone overseeing 60 operatives I am surprised that you seem so far devolved from the real world of gas work.

The CORGI web site will allow you to check an existing CORGI number or search for an RGI at a particular location.

I use it several times a week to see if boilers have really been fitted by the CORGI registered people as the owners claim.

I would have thought that if you are a genuine and responsible person then surely identifying yourself will confirm your credentials. Currently many people reading what you say have serious doubts.

Why dont you give the name of the CORGI inspector you are quoting? An unidentified person quoting an unidentified CORGI Official sounds a little unbelievable!

Namsag ( gasman in reverse ) apparently lives in a quiet area and I have no idea who he is as he does not give his name, go to exhibitions, join ARGI or is listed for the Combustion Chamber.

Tony

Namsag ( gasman in reverse ) apparently lives in a quiet area and I have no idea who he is as he does not give his name, go to exhibitions, join ARGI or is listed for the Combustion Chamber.

Tony

why the **** should he or anyone else?

give one good reason other than your egocentric reasoning that anyone who doesnt do any of these things is not an RGI.

ive asked you this before and you have dodged it, ive kept quiet for a while as it seemed to be less important on this thread but you have pushed it a lot now and i find it tiresome.

so come on tony "£84" glazier tell me why its a requirement for me to join your little club and post my details for all to see.

Tony

For someone overseeing 60 operatives I am surprised that you seem so far devolved from the real world of gas work.

The CORGI web site will allow you to check an existing CORGI number or search for an RGI at a particular location.

I use it several times a week to see if boilers have really been fitted by the CORGI registered people as the owners claim.

I would have thought that if you are a genuine and responsible person then surely identifying yourself will confirm your credentials. Currently many people reading what you say have serious doubts.

Why dont you give the name of the CORGI inspector you are quoting? An unidentified person quoting an unidentified CORGI Official sounds a little unbelievable!

Tony

Err No.

Not many people currently reading what I say have have serious doubts about anything!

Just you and your half witted sidekick!

So you use the Corgi site several times a week...Whoopy Doo

Let me just reiterate for one final time, I have no idea who you are, couldn't care less who you are, couldn't care less how you operate, and am totally unmoved by how often you refer to the Corgi website.

How dare you have the brass faced cheek to interrogate others as to what they do, how they run their business, and insist that they jump through every hoop that you deem essential to your interrogation requirements, or you will smear them with innuendo and insults.

Mind your own business you cheeky sod!

Or alternatively take up my £100 challenge in order to prove to those reading this exchange (no doubt with wide mouthed astonishment at your cheek) that your unfounded allegations are true.

We of course all know full well that you won't because an egomaniac such as yourself would be devastated by the loss of face in front of others more than the financial loss, however one would have to wonder how you could lose as you seem so convinced of your sainthood in all things Corgi related coupled with the conviction of never being wrong.

You really have to learn that you are not the most important person in the World, and don't really in real life have the power to order people around, especially those you have never met or know nothing about and who couldn't give a toss what you think!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back