Useless purchases or why the hell did I buy that.

I was given a router as present (I did ask for it, so I'm not trying to pass the blame...), I've had it out of the box a few times, played around with it, even turned it on once, very briefly - must have had it 6 years now and its still 100% sawdust free - hasn't been within 10ft of a piece of wood!!

I'm sure I'll use it one day though!! :confused:

Be careful buying Silverline routers, there new 1500w has a guide that is a different size to the jig that is used for cutting worktops, also the girl on the end of the phone is extremely unhelpful, i phoned to complain that THEIR router didn't fit THEIR jig and she answers; well we dont say they do fit, can someone tell me, what is the point of buying a router and jig from the same comoany if they are not compatible, also their customer after care service is sevearly lacking.

Pred - i've had it out the box so infrequently that I couldn't even tell you what make it is!!! I've heard bad things about Silverline power tools - never had any myself though. I've got some Silverline hand tools and never had any issues with them, in fact they seem pretty good for DIY use at least, but have always steered clear of the power tools.

Sponsored Links
AS, I have a confession to make, i did get another Silverline, but it is the higher grade "pro line" :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back