using british gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
British gas only have themselves to blame, they advertise fixed price repairs don't they?

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
just says fix the first fault (and related faults), no limit on parts cost etc.

BG bending the rules and false advertising again, biggest crooks and cowboys in the industry.

oh please dangermouse. you and that arse tony are quite happy to recommend BG for fixed price repairs when it suits you. dont make me waste my time looking for an example.

BG bloke turns up, sees an FPR turning into a parts fest that will take him most of the week to sort out and puts a quote in instead. if its easy **** you will get it without turning any screws, if its a nightmare you are paying.

in pauls case he is in the right. ive lost count of the amount of customers who expect half the system replaced for £168 when its clear in the T+C's they arent getting it.

if your H/E is burst then its covered as long as it meets the T+C's. have we even ascertained which ****pile the boiler is yet?

edited to original content.

i don't do um if they've had a private rgi in or if there is multiple faults (unless the faults are related), they just get quoted. if they are genuine i don't mind and just do it.
had one the other week where the pcb had gone and they had someone else in, all covers still off and all the wires disconnected :confused: and another where the last bloke they had in had took the fan with um :LOL: didn't do either :evil:

Sponsored Links
nickso bg advertise a service they don't deliver, that's illegal.

Paul from bg is going against company policy that is a disciplinary matter.

nickso bg advertise a service they don't deliver, that's illegal.

Paul from bg is going against company policy that is a disciplinary matter.

im starting to wonder if you even worked for them.

most likely 99% of FPR's are done without any hassle, i certainly couldnt give a **** about putting a £400 H/E into a boiler on FPR, not my money im spending and i certainly dont give a **** what some manager thinks about it.

its not about money, its about time. if your average BG bloke sees trouble, he will run.

and dont make me laugh about disciplinary offences, 99% of BG would be gone if anything was enforced.

I agree the average bg eng will try and run if anything more complicated than a t/c is reqd, that or they will rebook for someone else on their rest day.

I agree the average bg eng will try and run if anything more complicated than a t/c is reqd, that or they will rebook for someone else on their rest day.

lets try again seeing as it was deleted. my response was......

just like you.

One of the best skills you have to have working for BG is customer communication to explain why they are not covered for something with the reasons behind it.. They may not like it but if its explained they will accept it been there done it thousands of times ...
But by the 2 guys i was refering to it has nothing to do with muliple faults its fek them its a heat ex or cylinder its costin us money and time and i am not doing it which is totally wrong. And its attitudes like that that ruins the good work the real guys achieve by doing a proper days work and a quality job

If its a HEX or a cylinder and its the ONE fault, they will get it for the 'over 2 hours' price of £268. This possibility of a more expensive fixed price is explained to the cus over the phone.

Dangermouse yor BG bashing is tedious, were you pushed out the door by BG because you were crap and now you have a chip on your shoulder?? Certainly seems so!

my view is i dont care how expensive the part is ,its not my money ,but i will only fix 1 fault ,any other unrelated faults will be quoted for...
~?(and im an engineer who has been pulled in and warned that my output is too low for their current performance structure)~?

If its a HEX or a cylinder and its the ONE fault, they will get it for the 'over 2 hours' price of £268. This possibility of a more expensive fixed price is explained to the cus over the phone.

Dangermouse yor BG bashing is tedious, were you pushed out the door by BG because you were crap and now you have a chip on your shoulder?? Certainly seems so!

I can only dream of being as good as you. . . . .

Hi everyone, im a newly qualified engineer and have been out on my own for 6 months now. Im finding the job very stressful (i.e many of the breakdowns) and have just found out about this site. Is there any other engineers in the same position as myself. Some of the boilers out there are driving me bonkers and i am simply pulling my hair out everyday. I can diagnose most system faults e.g choked cold feed, pumps, zone valves but its some of the combis and new condensing boilers that get to me! heres my worst: Ideal Isar and Icos. Glowworm hxi and cxi. Alphas always seem to leak and i hate them. I like Vokeras and pottertons in general.

Just wanted to get this off my chest and see if anyone is in the same situation.

remember saying that?

DM

You clearly are a twit searching and quoting a post going years back, and this is the last time i bite. When i posted that, i had only 6 months experience and like most, struggled with breakdowns. You couldnt hack it at BG, but heyho your not the only one so dont cry about it.

DM

You clearly are a twit searching and quoting a post going years back, and this is the last time i bite. When i posted that, i had only 6 months experience and like most, struggled with breakdowns. You couldnt hack it at BG, but heyho your not the only one so dont cry about it.

just keep ripping off old grannies to keep the shareholders happy and you should be alright Paul. Keep up the good work mate. :D

Show me where on the website or in the terms and conditions that 2 hours and above is extra only thing about cylinders it mentions is in regard to refitting immersions
Paul if its purely a switch off or stat not turned up do you cancel job or give a reduction NO because its swings and roundabouts.
BG make money out of this otherwise they would not offer it , it does not require people refusing customers what they are legally entitled to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back