vaillant ecotec fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, our vaillant ecotec pro28 has stopped working as it should, first fault, switch on central heating yellow light comes on ok fan and ignition ok, gas lights ok when fan speed increase kicks in all leds go out and display goes blank for a moment, then the sequence starts again. The radiators are warm but the hot water is cold.! When the hot tap is turned on the green led lights, yellow led lights, a second later led's go off.
Can anybody offer any advice, i've had the cowl off to eliminate the flue, cheched the spark electrode can't find anything obvious, no fault codes either. I' getting close to ringing vaillant :cry:

Sponsored Links
Any 'F' codes displayed?, forgetting the water pressure gauge, if you press the '-' button it should (I hope I've got this correct, its late....) display the internal pressure digitally - what is that reading?

DH

You should not have been doing those things when not gas trained. Get an RGI!

What you can do is to measure the mains input voltage with a moving coil meter.

Tony

Sponsored Links
There is no legislation to prevent anyone who thinks they are safe from using a test meter.

It should be obvious but that test was to be done during this cycling operation and not just a momentary test.

Tony

There is no legislation saying that you cannot work on your own gas appliance in your own home.

But as we all know it would be rather stupid and possibly dangerous to do so.

the pressure is reading 1.7 bar, no fault codes are displayed, the status code reaches s.4 before the boiler starts the cycle again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back