Vaillant VUW GB 242e / 282e Water pressure too low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've just moved into a new house which has the above combi boiler. When cold the system is at about 0.2 bar, and 0.8 when hot.

I've looked everywhere to try and find how I increase the pressure on this model, but can't find it anywhere!

Would someone kindly point me in the right direction. A diagram would be helpful.

Thanks in anticipation

onthe1st

Sponsored Links
Somewhere near the boiler i would imagine that there is a silver braided hose with a tap on it. This is whats used to top up pressure.

see FAQs

filling loop should look something like this

fillloop.jpg

follow pipes from boiler and you should find it.

HI

vuw turbomax ??it has internal filling loop.looking at the boiler first and second pipes from right hand side (bottom of the boiler) there is a place for the filling key.if the key is missing then use a flat head screwdriver and open both valves .you should be able to hear water being filled.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone for your replies. It seems the previous owner disconnected the loop and connected an external water tap to the supply!! - as soon as I saw the picture I knew what I had to do.

All sorted, once again many thanks

HI

vuw turbomax ??it has internal filling loop.looking at the boiler first and second pipes from right hand side (bottom of the boiler) there is a place for the filling key.if the key is missing then use a flat head screwdriver and open both valves .you should be able to hear water being filled.

The turbomax plus has internal filling loop

HI

I have the same pressure problem but I don't see a key or something to use a screwdriver with :( Can you please help me? I have Vaillant UTRBOmax VUW 242E/282E.

THIS SITE WAS VERY HELPFUL TONIGHT -- AND JUST WANT TO CONFIRM ON THE OLDER MODELS VALLIANT 282 WITHOUT LED READOUT. BLACK CONTROL PANEL AND GREEN DIALS. THE FILLING LOOP IS EXTERNAL, FLEXI HOSE WITH TWO VALVES AND MOST LIKELY BEHIND THE WASHER OR UNDER THE SINK.

THANKS

Thanks for the tips. I also had the external hose and this thread resolved my problem! Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back