veritas alarm old one cut through cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i cut through the cable on friday keypad alarm went off so pulled the wires out to silence it it has four wires . which ones go back where ? also pirs now dont light up and to top it all our previous owners never left code so we havent used it . however i wuld like to get it up and running and start to use it with a new code how do i go about it please cant find any wiring diagram anywhere ?.

Sponsored Links
the outside box was flashing red and green on Friday now it nothing but the front door connectors still chime when opened

ok the wires under the carpet was reconnected by a virgin cable guy who was at my house at the time hence me cutting the wire thinking it was an old bt one . I've searched the net for diagram but cant find one I've got four wires black red white and green

Sponsored Links
looks like ive got an r8 installed after 2005 key pad has 8 lights . connected it back up green light on unset is on no tamper light on haven't opened main box yet. but green light on that too.

ok cheers sparkymarka will open the panel tomorrow as I don't have code im a bit worried alarm will go off and cant stop it

Google veritas installation manual look at page 14 on how to factory default panel.

ive actually found our own paperback copy of the installation manual and user guide copy . it was installed year 2000.

i dont know if this is significant but before this dissaster when ever i turned power off or had a power cut the alarm never went off either outside or at keypad ? as ive said never ever set the alarm before just would like to if i can get it up and running and change the code to one we can remember?.

right everything wired up checked fuses seems ok pulled off battery cable outside alarm goes off . left it five mins put back battery cable key pad counts down then keypad goes off ?. enter 1234 or 4321 nothing carries had to resort to pulling black wire out from key pads to quieten.

also no pirs flashing however upon reconnecting keypad I can enter 1234 and 4 red zones light up but will not set ? also the door chime alert has gone mrs wants that back if anyone can help. and the outside strobe is flashing red and green . anyone around with what to do im at a loss .

I take it you didn't read page 14 of the manual how to default the codes back to 1234/4321 ?

if I press 1234 the four zones light up on key pad but wont set but none of the pirs flash when I walk past them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back