Vive La France!

Sponsored Links
Two acts of law say you are WRONG.
WRONG

there is no such thing as an unborn child
inside the woman it is a foetus

Cambridge dictionary: a boy or girl from the time of birth until he or she is an adult

Do solicitors even have clerks?

victorian-office-with-boss-and-clerk-bettmann.jpg

Sponsored Links
In terms of the argument i.e. does an abortion require the approval of two doctors before it can proceed?

No. It has zero relevance to the debate. However, this little nugget is highly relevant to the argument

The danger with quoting from Parliamentary reports is that they are not always correct, or at least they might paraphrase or simplify the actual law. For instance, from the same report, you have been quoting on several occasions a figure of 14 years as the punishment for illegal abortion.

I think we have to understand this in its historical context. Abortion is quite unique because under the Offences Against the Person Act abortion is still illegal in this country, which means that if you commit an illegal abortion you can go to prison for 14 years. The reason there are two doctors in the Act has nothing to do with medicine or safety but everything to do with legality.[115]

OOF!

However, that figure is not correct. That is the punishment in Ireland. It has never been 14 years in the UK. The punishment in the UK is a maximum life sentence.

That is why I have been trying to explain the legal structure, using the actual Acts of Parliament. They are the only proper source of legal information. I know the punishment is a maximum life sentence in the UK because that is what is says in the OAPA. I can't imagine what would have happened if I had ever gone to court and tried to use a Parliamentary report as an authority.

When I see a Parliamentary report which says a form "must" be signed, my first questions are why and what would happen if it wasn't signed.

priceless :LOL: keep going he may listen to you. If after you've convinced Noseall, could you get on to Notch and explain what an unborn child is.

WRONG

there is no such thing as an unborn child
inside the woman it is a foetus

Cambridge dictionary: a boy or girl from the time of birth until he or she is an adult
If you ever find yourself in court for any reason.. I'd love to see you there with a dictionary instead of actual laws.

Its extremely important that governments make strong constitutions to prevent right wing populists which you support from taking our rights

Last I checked - Parliament makes laws and parliament change them. Even constitutional ones like the bill of rights.. introduced by parliament.

The danger with quoting from Parliamentary reports is that they are not always correct, or at least they might paraphrase or simplify the actual law. For instance, from the same report, you have been quoting on several occasions a figure of 14 years as the punishment for illegal abortion.

However, that figure is not correct. That is the punishment in Ireland. It has never been 14 years in the UK. The punishment in the UK is a maximum life sentence.

That is why I have been trying to explain the legal structure, using the actual Acts of Parliament. They are the only proper source of legal information. I know the punishment is a maximum life sentence in the UK because that is what is says in the OAPA. I can't imagine what would have happened if I had ever gone to court and tried to use a Parliamentary report as an authority.

When I see a Parliamentary report which says a form "must" be signed, my first questions are why and what would happen if it wasn't signed.
Irrelevant to my argument which was....
Two doctors are required to approve an abortion.

"Everything MBK has said since the two doctor thing has been deflection and waffle, regardless of whether some of it is true or not."

Make up your mind.:rolleyes:
Lol.
He has presented truthful snippets that are fûck all to do with the argument. The argument being.....
that two doctors are required to approve (sign off) an abortion.

Poor Motorbiking is reduced to projecting abject nonsense

Motorbiking is morphing into Trump more each day

youve have spent 20 pages twisting yourself inside out, but the simple truth is this:

an abortion can not go ahead without the approval of 2 doctors
He tried his best bless him, with twisting and squirming, attempting to even discredit the word "approve".
It's right there in the report. (y)

The importance of TWO doctors signing off should not be understated. It is unusual to require the approval of two separate doctors, and abortion is somewhat unique in that respect. It emphasises the importance of culpability, honesty and self policing.
It would be infinitely simpler if only one doctor was involved.

Lol.
He has presented truthful snippets that are fûck all to do with the argument. The argument being.....
that two doctors are required to approve (sign off) an abortion.
y'all constantly swerve the moral argument of whether it's right to approve abortion, never mind how legal it is.
Stuff your two doctors in a pipe n smoke 'em.

Sponsored Links
Back