vokera compact 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys new to this but looking for some advice.
I have a vokera compact 28 boiler. Just recently it has started constantly cycling on and off. It fires up runs a few minutes then cuts off. The DHW seems to run ok but the CH doesn`t it just warms the radiators and no more. The fan and the pump are new. I have noticed that the second pipe from the left underneath the boiler gets really hot when it fires up then when it cuts off the pump still runs and the pipe becomes cold. once its cold the boiler fires up again. I think its overheating. I am just looking for some guidance what the problem might be. Dont want to spend a lot as i know its an older boiler. Just wondering if its something that can be repaired. If I have an idea what problem is can work out if its worth getting a plumber in to repair or buy new.

Sponsored Links
Had any work carried out recently, Eg service?

Hi Chris_W got to be honest no service but had fan and pump replaced.

How long after pump replacement did issues start?

Sponsored Links
So if he issue was beforehand, pump replaced, still same issue, how come you haven’t called the engineer who fitted the Pump? It might be a flow/return issue with a valve not being open fully, such as a magnetic filter. If it’s boiler related best advice would be @ianmcd or @vulcancontinental, although they won’t be able to offer gas related advice.

ok thanks it was a plumber fitted but he also doesn`t do gas.

Hi Ianmcd, I replaced hoses a couple of years ago as they were leaking. But I'll take them off tomorrow and give them a clean. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks

Cheers Ian where do I pour the cleanser into system.?

Cheers Ian where do I pour the cleanser into system.?
I usuall connect the bottom ends of the hoses then fill the hoses with cleanser before attaching the top ends, you need to completely remove and clear the hoses first though

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hi ianmcd, just to say took off hoses and cleaned they weren't bad. Put in cleaner says to run for an hour or leave for a week. As mine hasn't been serviced I'll leave in a day then flush out and put more cleaner in. If that works after a day or two I'll flush out then add inhibitor.

post a pic of your boiler, vokera called lots of different models compacts, just so we know we are thinking the same model

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back