Warmfront telling me porkies??!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new here
I have had a warmfront technical surveyor come out yesterday 04/10/10. He carried the assessment and printed out the following

ideal logic he combi
cm921 prog r/stat
logic horizontal flue terminal
flue finishing kit. icos &logic
fernox protector
fernox restorer
spirovent dirt
rad valve

I have had previous experience of warmfront with them trying to recommend ideal isar at my parents property. After reading "...avoid these boilers like the plague!!" on a review site i kicked up a fuss and requested another assessment. They gave in and fitted a vaillant!

So with that in mind I asked the surveyor if there was another make of boiler he could recommend before i signed. He asked me quite casually "what do you want?" i said vaillant and straight away amended both his and my copy of the printout with Vaillant ecotec plus 31. I signed both and he was on his way.

Fantastic i thought until today when i rang warmfront/eager to double check. The chap on the phone said they have no record of the amendment and that they only install vaillant on a technicality. what does that mean? I explained that i signed two copies one of which i have in front of me but he refused to acknowledge my rights. I rang the surveyor to double check he confirmed amending both copies. I've requested a manager to give me a call back.

Any ideas as to where i stand with this?

cheers
Jav

Sponsored Links
Fantastic i thought until today when i rang warmfront/eager to double check. The chap on the phone said they have no record of the amendment and that they only install vaillant on a technicality. what does that mean? I explained that i signed two copies one of which i have in front of me but he refused to acknowledge my rights. I rang the surveyor to double check he confirmed amending both copies. I've requested a manager to give me a call back.

Well, presumably your ammended copy is clearly in the assesors handwriting (or printout?), If so, a contract exists, and it seems unlikely that they can renage upon iot. Is HIS copy amended? If so, it makes it even easier to establish.

If on the other hand, you wish to cancel, then you have 7 working days to inform them that you wish to cancel, and this time starts when they issue with you with a letter to that effect, which may be included in your contract paperwork. In this event they must retiurn any payments or deposits.

Thats why we insist our clients sign on our premises!

Did the salesman add any cash to convcert to Vaillant?

Expertgasman

Thanks for your reply. I made sure he amended both copies before I signed. No cash was mentioned for a vaillant.

Lawrance...seriously?!

Sponsored Links
Just because someone is in a financial situation where they need help for a new boiler/heating system, why should they be fobbed off with a crap boiler that will probably cost them £hundreds to maintain once out of warranty.

The trouble is that even a Vaillant my struggle when not fitted properly :rolleyes:

Your getting the bloody thing fitted free with our tax payers money, probably robbing a local installer of the work, some shirtfront installer will probably travel miles and miles to get to your house polluting us all with diesel fumes, there is nothing wrong with Ideal logics, so stop your bloody whining and get your free boiler fitted and be bloody grateful.

Your getting the bloody thing fitted free with our tax payers money, probably robbing a local installer of the work, some shirtfront installer will probably travel miles and miles to get to your house polluting us all with diesel fumes, there is nothing wrong with Ideal logics, so stop your bloody whining and get your free boiler fitted and be bloody grateful.

Rowlocks. Eaga is getting top dollar, our dollars, so the client should make sure best value is achieved.

It makes me sick that all this cash is being directed away from the local economy (us), but we shouldn't encourage folk to give 'em an easy ride.

If the surveyor amended a printed sheet with a pen, that amendment is only going to appear on his and your copies, and not be available to anyone else accessing the computer record. Maybe the surveyor hasn't amended the order on their computer system.

Hi new here
I have had a warmfront technical surveyor come out yesterday 04/10/10. He carried the assessment and printed out the following

ideal logic he combi
cm921 prog r/stat
logic horizontal flue terminal
flue finishing kit. icos &logic
fernox protector
fernox restorer
spirovent dirt
rad valve

I have had previous experience of warmfront with them trying to recommend ideal isar at my parents property. After reading "...avoid these boilers like the plague!!" on a review site i kicked up a fuss and requested another assessment. They gave in and fitted a vaillant!

So with that in mind I asked the surveyor if there was another make of boiler he could recommend before i signed. He asked me quite casually "what do you want?" i said vaillant and straight away amended both his and my copy of the printout with Vaillant ecotec plus 31. I signed both and he was on his way.

cheers
Jav

Don't know where you stand with it but the only two boilers on the list of approved boilers (combi's) at the moment are the Ideal Logic 24, 30 and 35 and the Worcester Junior 24 and 28.

24's if you have one bathroom.

The technical reason you can have a Vaillant, and the only reason I am aware of is if you have a water softener fitted. It cannot be ordered from eaga by a contractor to the scheme without prior written permission from eaga tech. Do you have a water softener?

I imagine but don't know eaga would tell the contractor that if he puts a Vaillant in without prior approval he will have to pay for it himself (or the extra over a Ideal/Worcester). That's what has happened before.

As has been mentioned many times on here the Ideal Isar is thought very poorly of but the Logic seems a great improvement according to fitters I speak to however the proof is when the boiler has been in a few years.

As you're in Manchester that is an area where the preferred boiler to be fitted on the scheme is Worcester.

If you don't like either boiler than you can fit whatever you like but pay for it yourself.

In order; probably yes - maybe - doubtful - maybe - yes - yes - yes.

(PS) What's a shirtfront installer?

Good old labour, its things like this thats got us in this bloody mess :LOL:

Cant afford a boiler, sell your house/flat/mansion/rental property for something you can afford.

Good old labour, its things like this thats got us in this bloody mess :LOL:

Cant afford a boiler, sell your house/flat/mansion/rental property for something you can afford.

Don't forget it was the Conservatives who started it all in the early 90's. It was called something else back then and when Labour got in they threw loads more money at it and again in 2003 and ever since.

I've had four good years from it so I'm not going to bite the hands that feeds.

WarmFront is peanuts in comparison to PFI and bailing out the banks.

Also pound for pound it's not a bad method by way of comparison for cutting emissions (notwithstanding whether that's a problem in the first place) but it's cheaper and more immediate than building nuclear, wind farms, and wave generators plus it wins votes in the homes of people.

I reckon the majority of people I visit would be labour voters but not by a huge margin. Then again I guess it depends where you live.

Your tax money at work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back