Warmfront telling me porkies??!!

Been there, done it, bought the t-shirt doing the grant installs for coldbusters, same sought of thing as warmfront. As I am aware they even hold hands sometimes and swap brown envelopes. At least half the feckers that get the grant should be shot on site for having the ghoul to apply for it, 99% effing corrupt. There are people in my local council that are trying to get rid of it as they are aware its a big con.

Sponsored Links
Legally warmfront can only access the grant with your permission,the grant is yours they on the other hand want your money,give them a choice tell them which boiler you want its your money if they refuse cancel I guarantee they will be back on the phone the same day giving you what you want,and when they have finished pay a proper engineer to put the work right and to actually commision the boiler but dont get me started about these arseholes theres not enough room on the forums hard drive.........

Also pound for pound it's not a bad method by way of comparison for cutting emissions (notwithstanding whether that's a problem in the first place

I have never thought and still don't think removing a reliable boiler and replacing it with one which needs parts costing hundreds of pounds on a regular basis (not withstanding the majpority of boilers warmfront fitted to date don't last 10 years even and even those require major surgery to survive), is green since the cost to the environment of the extra repair visits consuming diesel and the copst to the environment of manufacturing again and again the repeat replacement parts of considerable materials cost, materials which are scarce.

When theyu truly face up to the true environmental situation and start making sure that anything manufactured remains used ad infinitum for it's original purpose (like say the Ideal E Type) for a miniomum of 30 years or more without considerable rediculous replacement of core parts within a few years (as 9in the case of the warmfront offerings)

The whole thing is a cost on the environment. Further more it is a license for the partaking members to print money, and the unreliability of the chosen boilers plays into their hands as their customers continue to qualify for grants therefore when boiler fails within a few years they get a brand spanking new one equally unrelaiable and a further waste of the world's precious resources and emitter of hydrocarbons during the production cycle.

Whole thing is about political agendas and achievements not saving the planets resources or the osone layer or about helping needy people.

Paul Barker wrote: I have never thought and still don't think removing a reliable boiler and replacing it with one which needs parts costing hundreds of pounds on a regular basis (not withstanding the majpority of boilers warmfront fitted to date don't last 10 years even and even those require major surgery to survive), is green since the cost to the environment of the extra repair visits consuming diesel and the copst to the environment of manufacturing again and again the repeat replacement parts of considerable materials cost, materials which are scarce.

My feelings exactly - absolutely 100% correct.

Paul Barker wrote: Whole thing is about political agendas and achievements not saving the planets resources or the osone layer or about helping needy people.

Quite a bit less than 100% correct when the scheme started but moreso in later years. If a voter rings an MP to say how pleased they are to get a free boiler it does not go unnoticed. When Misters go to Kyoto or wherever and can say we've changed hundreds of thousands of domestic boilers for high efficiency models for 'our people' it makes them feel as if they're doing something positive.

Don't forget that in spite of the Ideal problems 92-94% of recipients are pleased with the grant and every time a program is aired on the problems with the scheme the broadcaster gets a huge response from the public saying the opposite, something that doesn't happen very often. These people are often retired and voters.

Politicians like to hear good stuff.

It just needs realignment or 'targeting' better.

Sponsored Links
We are tired of banging on about it but the corruption is horrible to us people who pay all our way. Because the assessors have a vested interest in geting work they manipulate the "customer" (or more rightly described recipient of something for nothing, so who wouldn't be content?) into having the work done.

I know personally a man who had one fitted in each of his homes, that is free central heating. Then after just four years the one he has down south failed, over the phone I diagnosed a leak in his hot water pipework. He called in warm front people for that area they said "you have enough grant money for us to put you a replacement boiler in" of course he accepted it. But when installed it didn't come on for heating. then he told them what I had said and they found the leak and then their new boiler worked.

Do I feel bitter? yes, I struggle to make an honest living doing my job to the best of my ability saving actual customers who pay their bills money, and saving the planet by keeping precious metal objects working as they were extracted from the ground to do. BUT a bunch of corrupt high level people ensure that only organisations they have a vested interest in get the Warm front work.

Not as big as the banking scandle so we are all expected to forget about it. and go away, and the ,majority of the public interested in the matter are the recipients of the jamboree so they aren't all that ineterested in lobbying for making amends. Money corrupts.

personaly i think scheam should be scraped as it`s unfair compertion
waste money as local lad would do it cheaper
and why should people get some thing for nothing

To me, the solution is obvious. The client should receive a voucher, which he can then use with an installer of his choice, thus maintaining a "free market". This would ensure lower prices, and a sense of ownership for the client, who would then be more likely to complain about dodgy work.

(It is also grossly unfair that an installer is in an insidious position. i.e. if a regular client asks for a heating quote, can he ignore the fact that they could have the work done for free, or should he be a businessman and just get on with quoting?)

I beleive this would be less expensive, and certainly fairer, than giving all the cash to EAGA. The savings could be used to monitor the work completed.

I've taken the morning off to catch up with quotes etc. Should really get on!

little britain Big on scams Great on rip offs :LOL: :LOL:

beggars can't be choosers, I bet all your relatives are fleecing the taxpayer by the sound of it. :evil:

You're not related to lawrance by any chance are you??!!

Are you related to harry cohen by any chance? :LOL:

No but I am looking for a holiday home preferably with a knackered boiler so I can get your tax to pay for a new one. You know of any round yours?
And seeing as though you feel me and my relations are robbing anyway I thought I might as well be upfront and ask if you'd fancy writing me a cheque, save me from the grant malarkey?!!
(emoticon of lawrance bending over with a :D )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beggars can't be choosers, I bet all your relatives are fleecing the taxpayer by the sound of it. :evil:

No but I am looking for a holiday home preferably with a knackered boiler so I can get your tax to pay for a new one. You know of any round yours?
And seeing as though you feel me and my relations are robbing anyway I thought I might as well be upfront and ask if you'd fancy writing me a cheque, save me from the grant malarkey?!!

lmfao :LOL: Oh dear hit a nerve have we? I dont write out cheques on lost causes.
I am not from the poor north, there are probably alot of ropey caravans up by you ;)
Qualiteeeeeeeee! Bending over, you just take alook in the mirror :LOL:

lmfao :LOL: Oh dear hit a nerve have we? I dont write out cheques on lost causes.
I am not from the poor north, there are probably alot of ropey caravans up by you ;)
Qualiteeeeeeeee! Bending over, you just take alook in the mirror :LOL:

Is that what you mutter to yourself when you're writing out child support cheques?!

And don't worry im not upset but I am concerned about your constant need to use smileys to punctuate your comments. Do you feel as though it gives you an audience? All those faces, smiling, laughing out loud, bet you feel like a right jester...or is it clown?!!!

Ta Ta lawrance of suburbia!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back