Washing machine issues?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I just got a hisense washing machine and keep getting the f1 error code? Which mentions it's not getting enough water or water pressure.
The hot water tap runs thicker than my index finger but the cold is less and is about the same size as my index finger which is not that big.
It stops when in the rinse and spin cycle and gurrgles in the kitchen sink many times during the wash cycle.
What are people's thoughts please?

Sponsored Links
If a washing machine is connected under the kitchen sink, if the cold water tap has low pressure can it mean that the washing machine may not be getting enough water fast enough or enough water pressure?

They allow a set amount of time, to sense the water has achieved the intended level in the machine. If they do not see that level, then they flag up a fault.

What is the flow like from the cold tap? Might a flow restrictor have been fitted in the cold fill pipe?

please post a photo of the machine filling hose where it connects to the plumbing under the sink. There are various types of tap.

do you live in a flat? How old?

Sponsored Links
Ok I'll take a picture in a few mins.
The cold tap on kitchen sink is only about 40% of what it could be. The hot tap is pretty decent. The bathroom sink and bath work great.
Yep live in a upstairs flat built in the 1930s.

The bathroom sink and bath work great.
Yep live in a upstairs flat built in the 1930s.

The bath and wash basin cold taps work fine?

That then suggests a restriction or valve not fulling open to your washing machine and kitchen sink. Does the flow from the kitchen sink reduce drastically, when your washer attempts to fill?

20211212_203810.jpg 20211212_203727.jpg 20211212_203821.jpg 20211212_203630.jpg 20211212_203512.jpg 20211212_203608.jpg 20211212_203528.jpg

No there's no difference to the water coming from the sink kitchen taps when the washing machine drains or is in use. But when the taps are in use in kitchen the shower in bathroom looses lots of pressure.

Here's the pics under kitchen sick also showing the connections to the washing machine.

There is an isolator valve (chromed) just below were the washer T's into that copper pipe, the screw you can see is to turn it on and off. Is the slot in the screw vertical? It should be for maximum flow.#

I asked above ...

The bath and wash basin cold taps work fine?

That then suggests a restriction or valve not fulling open to your washing machine and kitchen sink. Does the flow from the kitchen sink reduce drastically, when your washer attempts to fill?

The bath and bathroom wash basin cold and hot water flow work great. Except when kitchen taps are on.

Do you mean If the the red lever is vertical? The red lever only goes either vertical downwards cloxkwise which I thought it meant the water to washer was turned off or as it is right now which is horizontal which I presumed means the water supply to the washer is fully on as this is the position it's always been and how the installers left it. The installer said "where's your cold water for your washer? Ohh this is it, it's a red lever rather than a blue lever for the cold"

Nope the hoses are not kinked or anything like that. Thanks for the thought though.

Do you mean If the the red lever is vertical? The red lever only goes either vertical downwards cloxkwise which I thought it meant the water to washer was turned off or as it is right now which is horizontal which I presumed means the water supply to the washer is fully on as this is the position it's always been and how the installers left it. The installer said "where's your cold water for your washer? Ohh this is it, it's a red lever rather than a blue lever for the cold"

The red lever position is fine as in the photo, no below that is an isolator which turns water off to both machine and kitchen cold supply. Look at that, there is a screw for a flat screw driver - the screw slot needs to be set vertical, if it is not already. Horizontal is off, vertical is full on.

This is the cold water at max in kitchen sink

Attachments

• 20211212_221658.jpg
    20211212_221658.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 61

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back