water pressure on ideal Isar system ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have noticed that the water pressure on my boiler system has fallen below 1 bar. How do I increase the pressure? I don't have the manual for the boiler as the people I bought the house off didn't leave it.
I knew how to do this on my old boiler but the fitting aren't the same and I can't see how to do this on my boiler.
please help!
:(

Sponsored Links
Underneath your boiler there should be a flexible filling loop pipe connected to a small tap on the cold water supply. Sometimes the pipe is left in place, some people remove it and only connect it to top up the system. When the pipe is in place open the tap slowly and watch the pressure on the guage. If pressure is falling there may be a problem. Also watch pressure guage when central heating has been on a while, it should be 2 to 2 1/2 bar max.

Also watch pressure guage when central heating has been on a while, it should be 2 to 2 1/2 bar max.

no it shouldn't - 1.5 to 2 bar when hot or 1 to 1.5 when cold
pressurising this boiler to over 2 bar is asking for problems

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies :D

My boiler doesn't have the flexi pipe or anything that looks like it could be a pressure release valve.
any advice?
It's an ideal isar HE30 if that helps.

Have a look around, possibly in airing cupboard. You have a pressurised system, the only method of getting water into it is via a filling loop as described. Normal practice is to put it under the boiler but some can be hidden!

Strictly speaking, the braided hose should be removed from the valves when not being used to fill the system. If you have two valves, close together, near the boiler, one will be on the cold water pipe, the other on one of the larger heating pipes, then its possible the hose has been removed. You will either need to locate it or purchase a replacement.

look out for a warmsure van and ask them,hopefully they will do it for free,there's plenty of vans in liverpool

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back