Water Pressure Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can help or advise me on how we can go about increasing our water pressure.
We have always has problems with the pressure. We were advised by British Gas to fit and new boiler.
We bought the best boiler going. The Worcester Bosch Green star High flow 550CDi Combi Boiler.
We have a 4 bedroom house with 3 bathrooms. But we cannot use more that one tap at the same time as the pressure dies completely.
Even running the tap and flushing the loo is impossible as one will just stop working until you close the tap or the loo fills.
We were thinking about fitting a pump somewhere. But is this advisable with this boiler.
Any help and advice will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Measure the pressure and flow rate at kitchen tap to start with.
Ensure stopcock is opened fully.

Al

you are confusing water pressure with flow rate, they are not the same you have a problem with your water flow rate

Sponsored Links
Pressure requires a gauge. Flow rate can be measured either with a weir cup or by turning on a cold tap full pelt and timing how long it takes to fill a bucket (most will have a scale imprinted on the inside).

To be honest your water pressure means diddly squat its just a figure that would only be a problem if it ever got too high when you are not running any water which is very unlikely, the problem you have is the flow rate or working pressure when you open an outlet and as previous poster stated easies way to measure is to get a container that you know the volume of and time how long it takes to fill i.e. if its a 10L bowl and it takes 1 min to fill then your flow rate is 10L per min

It takes about 3 mins to fill a 10L bucket from the cold tap.
Don't know if this helps.

3 minutes to fill a 10L bucket would mean about 3l/min, that is truly awful.

I'm sure there are other factors that need to be taken into account, hopefully one of the nice knowledgeable chaps on here will advice on where you go from here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back