water pump. causing header tank to overflow?

sorry if these seem stupid questions but what should the pipe with the red turn valve be and whay does it have a turn valve?also what is the purpose of that pipe going into the larger pipe which i presume is the vent pipe that goes into the loft? should all of those pipes be hot?

if i corrected the pump and the part of pipe that is blocked/part blocked is this going to be very likely to fix the problem?

my dad is a competant plumber so he could fix these two bits if that will more than likely fix it.

thank you for your help by the way

Sponsored Links
sorry if these seem stupid questions but what should the pipe with the red turn valve be
should be vent first yours is cold feed.
and whay does it have a turn valve?
you can isolate the cold feed if draining etc.
also what is the purpose of that pipe going into the larger pipe which i presume is the vent pipe that goes into the loft? should all of those pipes be hot?
vent pipe is so the system can vent.
cold feed is useally cold vent pipe can get hot little way up
but yours is pumping wrong way so they will be hot.

if i corrected the pump and the part of pipe that is blocked/part blocked is this going to be very likely to fix the problem?
99% chance i would say yes.

i think i understand cold feed is the header tank bottom pipe that goes from header to system.the middle is the vent pipe that the water is currently flowing up from and then there is the pipe with the pump and the 3 port valve. i presume it should be ok if the pump is turned around and the crudded up bit re fitted, will it matter that the cold and vent are incorrectly placed?

Sponsored Links
relatively easy job? just afew joins in the pipe aswell as draining the tank out.so just so i have it correct pipe with the red turn valve should be the vent pipe going over the header tank and the pipe going straight up should have a new turn valve fitted and should be the cold feed from the header tank?

pipe with the red turn valve should be the vent pipe going over the header tank
in 22mm.

and the pipe going straight up should have a new turn valve fitted and should be the cold feed from the header tank?
don't have to have a isolation valve.
but one of these are better than a gate valve.
18591.jpg

ok i will get all that u have suggested done. thank u very much for your help i have been trying to get this sorted for ages but nothing seemed to work hopefully this will.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back