Well that worked out well!

There are three groups involved in this conflict:

The Israelis

The Palestinians

Hamas

I may be wrong, but I suspect that if the Israelis and the (innocent) Palestinians were allowed to just get on with their lives, they'd probably manage to live together peaceably.

I'm sure it's the hamas terrorists who are the n...

I mean, the fly in the ointment.

Sponsored Links
The thing that p**S*s me off, is the amount of those living here in Brum of Asian extract are driving around with Palestinian flags on display. Forget this crap in the middle east , it's here where the prob exists. the scum that wants everything of a civilised state that would stab you in the back in a moment. Wake up

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
It's extremely complicated.

There are three groups involved in this conflict:

The Israelis

The Palestinians

Hamas

They each have their own agenda. Indeed, Hamas have been suspected of the execution of many Palestinians over the years.

I think there's a danger of you over-simplifying the situation.

Hamas isn't the only militant group in the Gaza strip, and they've all shot rockets into Israel

They are some other salient points also worth taking into account, especially in this current conflict.

The Gaza Strip used to be part of Egypt, and is totally separate from the West Bank
Gaza City is among the most densely populated places in the world
Israel used to have troops and settlers inside Gaza
In 2005, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon decided to withdraw from Gaza. Sharon, a longtime hawk and skeptic of Palestinian independence, had concluded that the Israeli occupation was no longer in Israel's interest. Sharon withdrew Israeli outposts and uprooted about 10,000 settlers. It was a hugely controversial move inside Israel, particularly on the political right — the current Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, quit the government in protest.
Rocket fire and air strikes increased after the abduction and killing of three Israeli teenagers in June, which Israel blamed on Hamas and which led to a crackdown on the group in the West Bank. Hamas denied being behind the killings. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28252155[/QUOTE]
Some Hamas leaders have suggested that they would be satisfied with a Palestinian state on the West Bank and Gaza, but it's not at all clear whether they'd be able or willing to hammer out a deal with Israel in practice — assuming Israel was even willing to sit down with them, which is doubtful.
Hamas was democratically elected by Palestinians
Israel blockades Gaza, which creates a humanitarian crisis

All this other infomation, and more, is from the following site and explained in greater detail http://www.vox.com/2014/7/16/5904691/hamas-israel-gaza-11-things

So, I think it's reasonable to deduce that Netanyahu has exploited this opportunity to launch considerable damage on Gaza and further the interest of Israel, possibly leading to the reinstatement of Israeli settlements and IDF bases in Gaza. The very point over which Netanyahu resigned from the government in 2005.
In which case it would be reasonable to assume that all the current rhetoric and propoganda coming out of Israel is designed to mislead and divert that hypothesis and blame Hamas for all the trouble.
Could this also include all the claims that schools, hospitals and UN facilities were hit because Hamas were firing from those positions?

It is abundantly clear that Israel and Hamas have no respect for civilians in this conflict.

Just watching the BBC News's (one-sided*) report on Gaza tonight, and how a hospital was hit 'by the Israelis', it just occurred to me that I wouldn't be surprised if hamas had set off explosives in the hospital in the hope of encouraging international support for their cause.

I know it may sound a bit far fetched but, when all's said and done, hamas are completely mad terrorists.
Your concern for innocent women and children being killed and injured is lamentable and derisory.
But to address you point, just a few relevant quotes from a more eloquent explanation than I could offer,
Yes, Gaza militants hide rockets in schools, but Israel doesn't have to bomb them.
Israel has long accused Gaza-based Palestinian militant groups such as Hamas of using schools and other civilian buildings to store weapons and from which to launch rockets at Israel. Israel's argument has been that this demonstrates Hamas's disregard for Palestinian civilians, justifies Israeli air strikes on civilian buildings that are used in this way by Hamas, and shifts the blame for Palestinian civilian deaths off of Israel and onto Hamas.
Here's the thing, though: while incidents like this force Israel to decide between bombing civilian structures or allowing Hamas to use those structures as rocket storage depots, it does not actually force Israel to choose to bomb civilian buildings. It is entirely within Israel's power to not bomb civilian buildings.
Israel has overwhelming military superiority in the conflict, and while that does not make Hamas rockets disappear or obviate their very real effects on Israeli civilians, Israel is strong enough to choose not to bomb (Mosques, schools, hospitals, beaches, etc)
http://www.vox.com/2014/7/17/591218...-rockets-in-schools-but-israel-doesnt-have-to

Also, resistance fighters fom time immemorial have used many strategies to hide their weapons and infrastructure. One of these strategies has always been to hide weapons, etc, within civilian localities.

[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Further infomation about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, including the point that I made several days ago, that this conflict is not about religion.
This is not, despite what you may have heard, primarily about religion. On the surface at least, it's very simple: the conflict is over who gets what land and how it is controlled
So, do you think the situation would be the same were the Palestinians Jewish?

What do you think would happen if Mexico started firing rockets at the U.S.
or Belgium to us?

Whatever the rights and wrongs, being stupid is being stupid.

Also, resistance fighters fom time immemorial have used many strategies to hide their weapons and infrastructure. One of these strategies has always been to hide weapons, etc, within civilian localities.

Oh, well that makes it all alright then, doesn't it?

('Resistance fighters' = terrorists)

Jewish people did not take anyones land, it has belonged to them for over 3000 years.It has never belonged to any one else, it has never belonged to any Arabs.

Israel first became a nation in 1312 B.C.E., two thousand years before the rise of Islam!

I didn't know that. Does it for me.
The Jews have lived in Germany longer than they ever lived in "Israel", If you read your bible you will see that the Patriarch Abraham's family was originally from the land of UR which is in modern Iraq, does that mean Iraq belongs to the Jews as well?
The truth is that the the Palestine region had been inhabited by other peoples for thousands of years before the Jews arrived, the history of Human settlement in the area didn't begin with the arrival of the Jews.

The so called Ancient Israel was established by the same methods as the modern version, Hamas is a democratically elected resistance movement just like the French resistance or the Polish resistance, it is interesting to note that the so called terrorists Hamas have been inflicting mostly military casualties on the Israelis while the Israelis have resorted to mass slaughter of innocent women and children in retaliation just like the Nazis.

What a crock. Democratically elected ? Other peoples ? What peoples ? If democratically elected ,then they are all targets

Further infomation about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, including the point that I made several days ago, that this conflict is not about religion.
This is not, despite what you may have heard, primarily about religion. On the surface at least, it's very simple: the conflict is over who gets what land and how it is controlled
So, do you think the situation would be the same were the Palestinians Jewish?

What do you think would happen if Mexico started firing rockets at the U.S.
or Belgium to us?

Whatever the rights and wrongs, being stupid is being stupid.
If the UK WAS trying to ethnically cleanse Belgium of its people and forcing them into Ghettos just like the Nazis then I expect they would be firing rockets at the UK.

What a crock. Democratically elected ? Other peoples ? What peoples ? If democratically elected ,then they are all targets
Are you claiming the Jews evolved in the Palestine region and had never lived anywhere else :D why is that the people who spout the legend of God and his promise to the Jews to justify the unjustifiable are the ones who have never set foot inside a church or wouldn't recognize a bible if they seen one. :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back