We've been powerflushed - but can you plse answer this?

Great isn't it. It's our third boiler. When we had the last one installed we asked for the spaghetti junction to be sorted out and that's what they did.

And swore to me they put in more additive after they finally got it to work.. and that was not the case!

Sponsored Links
does it pump over all the time or wen its just on hot water or heating? ya pipe-work looks **** poor and its quite awkward to figure out how it is configured from the pics.
what boiler ya got? ya could just convert it to a sealed sys if everything else looks ok

tbh I would wanna rip the whole lot out and start again. The horrendous soldering would suggest whoever did it was very inexperienced or plain useless. If I was to be asked to powerflush this system I'd probably suggest the money would be better spent sorting the pipework, cutting out any blockages and then go from there. Its impossible to work out the open vent and cold feed arrangement from the pictures but I would guarantee that its wrong, therefore even if well powerflushed problems would return.

Sponsored Links
I totally agree with micky,a system in that state should have had the pipe work corrected thats looks like proper lash up

I am not 100% sure about converting it to sealed system you never know what condition the pipework is in and will it stand up to 3 Bar of pressure

I Would advise getting an experienced plumber or heating engineer in who understands how coventional heating system works and ask them for some advice and suggest they find and cut out the blockages.

I Would advise getting an experienced plumber or heating engineer in who understands how coventional heating system works and ask them for some advice

Not so easy to find these days. Too many CC's. We are still there if you know where to look ;)

yellow arrow shows pipe to open vent and the blue, the feed and expansion. The pipework goes round to the right and under the floor to the pump and then splits into two for the water and heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back