What could be the fault. Carbon monoxide!

Sponsored Links
When a customer is using an oxygen tank and the flame turns orange, tested again without and the flame is ok.

I didn't follow any of that.

Also when grease/food buildup can produce a yellow flame.

Of course. As can dust, temporarily being drawn into the flame, and being burnt off.

An unsafe burner flame is that that is different to what a manufacturer has stated it should be and generally a blue flame

Exactly my point.

Stop using it and have it inspected / repaired / replaced by a Gas Safe registered person.

It's spilling lethal toxic gas into your home which could kill you or anyone else there.

Discussions over why what or how are completely irrelevant.

I'm not at home. Im away working but had someone pop in while I'm away who said I need to buy these. They where supposed to come with it when it was bought and changed from natural gas jet to an lpg jet but wasn't changed.

He's a gas engineer!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231218-203617.png
    Screenshot_20231218-203617.png
    384.9 KB · Views: 26
Sponsored Links
I'm not at home. Im away working but had someone pop in while I'm away who said I need to buy these. They where supposed to come with it when it was bought and changed from natural gas jet to an lpg jet but wasn't changed.

He's a gas engineer!
Which bit of the story have you ommited here?

When you say you use LPG, do you mean the big 47Kg bottle outside or the small canisters you get with camping stoves?

Either way, you need to get a fully qualified engineer out to examine the whole appliance and let him decide what the problem and solution is.

When you say you use LPG, do you mean the big 47Kg bottle outside or the small canisters you get with camping stoves?

Either way, you need to get a fully qualified engineer out to examine the whole appliance and let him decide what the problem and solution is.

I think they are 11kg. The ones you can lift and put in back of car.

11.34kg butane bottled gas. Same as in picture.

Screenshot_20231219-064554.png

Everyone should be made aware, that any but a gas burner with a bright entirely blue flame, is a killer.
Beg to differ Harry.
LFE fire does not have the type of flame you mention
Having said that, a nice blue flame burner can also kill

2020, are you looking for a fatality before you heed good advice?
If LPG useage is causing CO spike, even more reason to have the appliance checked.

Last edited:

He's a gas engineer!
So what size of flame on the burners were you getting?
Did you fit the appliance yourself?

What do.you mean?
Quite unusual to have a domestic gas appliance run of lpg.

The OP read as if this was a normal existing gas hob.

But, in reality it's a new gas hob and you run it from lpg.

Any other info?

Do you live in a caravan? Who fitted it? Is it new? What's the make and model? How old is it? Do you have any other gas appliances?

Etc etc.

If it has the natural gas nozzles in the rings and you are running it on lpg the mixture is absolutely guaranteed to be wrong.

Get it fixed before you use it again.

CO is a silent killer.

Quite unusual to have a domestic gas appliance run of lpg.

The OP read as if this was a normal existing gas hob.

But, in reality it's a new gas hob and you run it from lpg.

Any other info?

Do you live in a caravan? Who fitted it? Is it new? What's the make and model? How old is it? Do you have any other gas appliances?

Etc etc.

Not unusual if you live in a rural country house!

4 yr old flaven 6 ring stove cooker!

No other gas appliances! Home is heated by a dual system by oil and 32kw wood burning stove. Wood burning stove hasn't been lite in 6 weeks!

2020, are you looking for a fatality before you heed good advice?
If LPG useage is causing CO spike, even more reason to have the appliance checked.

DP, do you not understand my post above. I am away for the week. Ive had someone go look at it and he says I need to change the jets! What more can I do if I'm away working untill xmass eve!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back