What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Keeping my homemade wood burning stove going, in my garage/workshop, from all the off-cuts of pallet timber, a result of us making up the planters in the past couple of days. Avril has been busy painting them in the garage, whilst I've kept the garage nice and toasty for her to work in.

Two small planters painted, we tackle painting the 10 foot maybe tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
I’ve been piddling about with my WiFi camera bird box. Got it up and working again. Going to fit it up tomorrow.

IMG_0873.jpeg

You’ve put some work in there! Is that an allotment space I can see at the back?
First of all I must own up and say I didn't do it myself. I paid a landscaper to come in and rip out all the brambles, weeds etc and he also cut down an ash and cherry tree growing at the back of the garage. I did give a hand in pulling some of the rubbish, such as the trailer and plastic oil tank and kegs clear. He then levelled it off at ground level but had left all the roots in situ.
One of the neighbours, (who I got chatting to one morning and who knew my father in law), told me his son was a landscaper and gave me his number. Gave him a call a few weeks later and he came around with his digger, scraped all the loose branches/roots etc together, dug a massive hole near the back, (roughly 4m x 4m x 2.5D), and crushed all the debris into it. Then filled and rollered as much top soil as he could, (at least 18"-24"), on top and spread the excess around the rest of the plot. The plastic sheds will be moved around the back of the garage for garden storage to free up space in the garage, which will hopefully become my workshop.
Think I may have to consider a sit-on mower when the back section is lawned to meet up with the front section. Don't think my robotic mowers could cope with such a big area. LOL

The area that all been turned over and levelled is what FIL couldn't manage to upkeep so was left to go wild. No allotment spaces, that's our whole garden, from the grass in the last picture to the fence at the far end. Over the fence is a new housing estate they built. Only finished it towards the end of the year and as far as we know they are all private buys, no rented or social properties.

Last edited:
Feeding the local wood pigeon gang. They wait for me like vultures every morning to scatter some seed onto my lawn.

View attachment 332083
Here they come. The first wave. I chuck some seed down before I go out to walk the dog and some more when I come back. The birds seem to come in waves - pigeons, then starlings, then sparrows with occasional showings of a lone magpie and a robin.

IMG_0875.jpeg

Here they come. The first wave. I chuck some seed down before I go out to walk the dog and some more when I come back. The birds seem to come in waves - pigeons, then starlings, then sparrows with occasional showings of a lone magpie and a robin.

My Mum buys lots of seed for the birds and puts it out on a bird table. However, the first customers are always the squirrels who have their fill before the Woodies and smaller birds get a look in. The squirrels living near her all look very well fed.

Despite strict instructions from Mrs Mottie, I had my first Facebook argument today on our local Facebook page! Currently our street is chokka block on both sides with Thames water contractor vans who are relining the drains. Two cars can’t pass. We also have marked bays for pavement parking. As I came back from my morning dog walk, there was a woman standing still, yapping on her phone while her dog was sniffing the wall outside my house. She saw me pulling in to park but made no effort to move either herself or her dog. I proceeded slowly and parked up. When I got out, she tried to tell me I nearly ran her dog over and just missed it by an inch. Total ballcocks so I just told her not to be so daft. She started shouting at me saying I was rude and should have waited until the dog finished its sniffing! I just ignored her and went indoors.

Imagine my surprise when I opened Facebook and saw a picture of my car parked up, accompanied by this text:

IMG_6065.jpeg

Anyway, in reply, I put up cctv footage of me 'speeding' accompanied by this message.

IMG_0885.jpeg

I accompanied that with footage of the bag of shìt she threw by the side of my car.

Straight away she messaged me apologising and asking for the post to be taken down. Before I could reply, my doorbell rang and it was a neighbour asking what had happened. As I was telling him, she came marching back so he left and she apologised for shouting at me, apologised for the bag of shìt and said that if I had just apologised to her for how I parked it wouldn’t have blown up! There was a silence and she said "what, so no apology"? I told her no, no apology, I’ve done nothing wrong. You ignored me and just carried on yakking. She then said she was talking to her mum who was ill and that she hadn’t posted the photo. I told her I saw her take the bloody photo and SHE was the 'anonymous' poster but she STILL denied it. I just went in and shut the door on her. Pointless arguing with someone who won’t even accept what she has clearly done. Anyway, she picked up the bag of shìt and went. Both her and my posts have been removed. Someone has already given Mrs Mottie a heads-up on the posts and I’ve already had a mild rebuke from her. It could go two ways when she comes home tonight! I need to gather my supporting evidence to present my case. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_6067.gif

Sponsored Links
Back