What have you been doing today?

IMG_20240325_203732_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240325_204043_HDR.jpg

I have kept files and files of these handwritten notes since the 80s, but I'm going to get rid now.

Sponsored Links
Had a quick trip up London to have lunch and go to the Lightroom to see the Moonwalkers exhibition. It was okay - having a bit of interest in space stuff, I had seen probably 98% of it before in other documentaries. The pictures were huge though - projected onto the walls. Tickets are £25 each which was a bit expensive for a 50 minute film I thought.

IMG_1270.jpeg
IMG_1269.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Quite an active day today for me. A fair few steps covered plus a 9.00 late night swim at the leisure centre. They usually have three double width lanes but tonight they had six singles and as there were only five of us there, we all had our own lane. Spent just over half an hour in the pool, non-stop. I’ll sleep well tonight.

IMG_1283.png

Last edited:
We've got a new kitchen coming in May that I’m going to fit myself.

The breakfast bar, tall unit and worktop are all going.

IMG_1273.jpeg

These will be replaced with three tall units - left hand one will still be the fridge freezer, centre one will house two ovens and the right hand one will be one of those pull out larder cupboards but one thing that has been on my mind is that when I replaced the floor a few years ago with LVT click lock planks, I didn't go right under the breakfast bar bit so that needed sorting.

IMG_1284.jpeg

I was unsure whether I would have to take the whole lot up from the wall just to slot one plank in. If it hadn’t have had a cut end, it would have been easy to just slot a small piece in. I have spare planks. Anyway, I took part of it out today and with a fair bit of fiddling around, I managed to get the short bit out and replace it with a longer length. You can see my handprints and the date when I fitted the last kitchen - 2/9/01.

IMG_1285.jpeg

That was a relief. Just got to put it all back now and wait until the new stuff arrives - then work can really begin!

Last edited:
Still sorting out stuff that we emptied out of the loft. I have crammed a load of cardboard in the bin and it will be emptied tomorrow so I can start filling it up again.

Then there are two huge boxes of CDs that we have been given.

Music Magpie only wanted 24 of them and offered less than a tenner for them, so I suggested it might be better to give them to a charity shop.

Also sorting some clothes we found in the loft for the clothing bank.

Having a clear out is very therapeutic!

These will be replaced with three tall units - left hand one will still be the fridge freezer, centre one will house two ovens and the right hand one will be one of those pull out larder cupboards but one thing that has been on my mind is that when I replaced the floor a few years ago with LVT click lock planks, I didn't go right under the breakfast bar bit so that needed sorting.

Reminds me of last week, when we removed a few kick boards, to run a new, separate circuit through just for fridges and freezers. I had laid LVT, after the units were installed, but not under the units - quite a mess underneath them.

If you are revising the layout of your kitchen, well worth adding a separate circuit, just for fridges and freezers. It enables them to kept going, even if other circuits trip.

If you are revising the layout of your kitchen, well worth adding a separate circuit, just for fridges and freezers. It enables them to kept going, even if other circuits trip.
I’ve got a mate who's a sparky and I’ll get him round to advise me but at the moment, I’m maxed out on my consumer unit so I’ll see what he says.

I’ve just been late night shopping in Sainsbury’s and did two things totally alien to me.
1. I started to load up my trolley with wine (buy 6 or more and get 25% off) and thought, feck that, I’ll go without so I put them back.
2. When I came outside at around 9.30, a beggar that I ignored on the way in was still sitting on the ground. It was cold and windy and she looked bloody frozen through. I never give to beggars but for some reason I felt sorry for her - she couldn’t have been more than 25 years old - so I gave her some money and told her to get something warm to eat but I suspected it may go on something else. I must be going soft.

Last edited:
I got up about 4.30 this morning to let the dog out. While I was downstairs, I checked Mrs Motties phone for any missed calls - her mother has dementia - and noticed a missed call and a voice message had been left about an hour earlier. It wasn’t from anyone in her phone contacts so I just presumed it might be a tele sales or something so I didn’t wake her. I sat up reading for a while and then a message came through on her WhatsApp group she shares with her brother and sister. It was her brother asking for either of his sisters to ring him when they woke up. Of course I took the phone up to her then and woke her up. Apparently the dementia has gone up a notch or two and she had gone walkabout. After checking her door camera, she was seen going out of her house, walking to the end of the drive and then going back indoors every 10 minutes until she finally walked off. Apparently she went knocking on doors and the call was from someone in her close who she had knocked up. Fortunately she took her in and had got Mrs Motties number from her mums mobile. When she didn’t answer, she tried her brother. He answered and he went round, collected her and took her back home. He's been with her since about 4.00 after getting indoors at 12.30 after a night out. She was rambling about not being able to go to bed because the bed was full of ants, strange people in her lounge (including her husband who died 19 years ago) and a woman she keeps seeing outside her window who keeps pulling her knickers down and showing off her 'bits'. Mrs Mottie has gone down there now to relieve him but it looks like we'll be having her here tonight and the time has possibly come to find a care home for her. It’s a horrible illness.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back