What have you been doing today?

Sorry to hear been through similar with my mum. One thing to check is for a UTI. Simple test as the symptoms of this are very similar and might explain the sudden deterioration.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear been through similar with my mum. One thing to check is for a UTI. Simple test as the symptoms of this are very similar and might explain the sudden deterioration.
Thanks. She's gotten worse over the last few days. She had her urine tested the other day and it came back clear. She got worse so they checked it again and it showed a slight infection so she's been on antibiotics for 3 days so far. They changed her meds too as hallucinations were a possible side effect but she seems to have got ten times worse. Mrs Mottie is with her now and she’s just talking gibberish and not listening to anything that she is told. They were given the number of the dementia crisis clinic the other day and she is waiting for 9.00 when they open.

Sponsored Links
I’ve just been late night shopping in Sainsbury’s and did two things totally alien to me.
1. I started to load up my trolley with wine (buy 6 or more and get 25% off) and thought, feck that, I’ll go without so I put them back.
2. When I came outside at around 9.30, a beggar that I ignored on the way in was still sitting on the ground. It was cold and windy and she looked bloody frozen through. I never give to beggars but for some reason I felt sorry for her - she couldn’t have been more than 25 years old - so I gave her some money and told her to get something warm to eat but I suspected it may go on something else. I must be going soft.

I went into Tesco the other night. A black man sat on a bench in the dark with a child asleep on his lap.

It was cold and pìssing down.

He was still there when I come out. I loaded up and then asked if he was OK. I was prepared to give home a lift.

I'm fine he said I'm waiting to be picked up.

He gave me a big grin, and said thank you.

It's nice to know complete strangers care.

I never give money but I often buy the a hot or cold drink depending on the weather. Somthimes buy food too.

I've been plaster patching the holes, from the result of all of the extra cables I ran over the past couple of weeks. I already had a part bag of Thistle in the hut, bought at least a couple of years ago, which I expected to be a solid lump - it turned out to be surprisingly useable for patching, and I hadn't lost the knack of plastering either.

Then I noticed yesterday, that Avril's cordless Dyson vac, was a bit lacking in suction and not running long on boost. She assumed the battery was on it's way out, but in the meantime - I gave it a good blast out with compressed air, to clear it's filter etc.. In the meantime, Avril ordered a new battery for it. It has much more suck now, and the short run time, may have been due to it being choked, rather than the battery failing.

Sorry back on the Prostrate problem...
Had a Biopsy on the Prostrate this morning - OUCH!

All this prostate talk - it’s like being over the allotment!

I'll have a word about my misbehaving prostate. Sometimes it causes me absolute misery with restricted flow, sometimes I wait a few seconds before starting and at its worst, it feels like I have an infection, with urgency followed by a few dribbles.

It's a complete PI the willie!

A associate of mine is doing this on behalf of Prostrate Cancer research. The fact he's riding an old BSA has to be worth a few pennies.

Last edited:
For the first time in my life (Unless if I've been unwell)
I'm still in my Pyjamas and it's nearly ½ time on the football.

I've been putting a CV together. I've decided to apply for a full-time job. It's a last minute thing, but I'm getting more and more disillusioned with the plumbing industry.

I'm mixing this with making sourdough bread this afternoon.

Once I've prepared the dough for baking I'll start on my cover letter.

Chelsea have just scored a penalty.
A pretty good one, I'm told.

For the first time in my life (Unless if I've been unwell)
I'm still in my Pyjamas and it's nearly ½ time on the football.

I've been putting a CV together. I've decided to apply for a full-time job. It's a last minute thing, but I'm getting more and more disillusioned with the plumbing industry.

I'm mixing this with making sourdough bread this afternoon.

Once I've prepared the dough for baking I'll start on my cover letter.

Chelsea have just scored a penalty.
A pretty good one, I'm told.

You going for a seat in the HoC?

Probably on a par with pipe-bender wages (y)

Sponsored Links
Back