What have you been doing today?

Being up all night on call for £120? No different to a security guard. How much would you do it for?

Well wouldn't, nor do I have need to, but it's 99% of the time cushy number, apart from the unsocial hours.

The real rip off is the agency. Some are netting absolutely enormous amounts of profit.

Yes, that is the part that needs to be sorted, in many spheres of work.

Sponsored Links
After the week she's had, I took Mrs Mottie out for Sunday lunch today. We went to a recently opened restaurant in the High Street, The Aviary, and it was bloody nice - I thought it was better than one of my own roasts although Mrs Mottie disagreed. I had the beef, she had the lamb. A couple of glasses of wine and a shared dessert. Unusually, and I can’t remember the last time this happened, there was no obligatory 12.5%+ service charge added automatically to the bill. Great service too. It was bigger than it looks in the photo - the actual plates were massive and that Yorky was as big as my hand.

IMG_1378.jpeg

I found some old stamps in a drawer 6 X second class and 3 X 1st class. So, I checked with Royal Mail to see if I could still use them and, I discovered that I can't.
However, all is not lost. They can be "swapped out" here.
So, have a look in your drawers. (leave it out, Andy)

Our shed is under some trees and I’ve tried patching the roof a few times. But the branches keep falling☹️

So today I fitted a metal roof.

IMG_6896.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Yesterday, we ventured onto the grass, to attempt to cut the drier parts. First time in months, it has been dry enough to venture to the very back of the garden, where I store the tractor, and it had one near flat tyre, needing some air. The only source of compressed air in my garage, so I usually end up taking the complete wheel off, to inflate in my garage. Then, I remembered I'd bought a little 12v tyre inflator, which was in the car boot, and the tractor uses a 12v battery, so I used that.

Cutting wasn't easy, the first cut after winter never is - a matter of cut until the cutting deck jams up with grass, clear it with a stick, then cut some more. I could tackle all of it, some was just still too boggy to drive on, but managed 90% of it. Avril then volunteered to have a go at the rest, with the electric strimmer. She spent several hours at it, but there was still some left to do, this morning.

She had another go at finishing it this morning, but was rained off. WHEN IS THIS RAIN, GOING TO GIVE IT A REST?

WHEN IS THIS RAIN, GOING TO GIVE IT A REST?
Tell me about it! Got caught in the most horrendous downpour on my dog walk this morning. Sleeting as well. By the time I got home, the sun was shining!

Didn’t even bother drying the dogs down when I got to the car, I just chucked them in the back and jumped in the drivers seat to get some shelter.

IMG_1381.jpeg

Two very indignant cold and wet dogs. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_1384.jpeg

Dashed over the allotment to close my greenhouse door that I left open on Saturday (due to the heat) in case it filled with wind and blew some panes out. Everything was okay but since Saturday, the asparagus had been popping up everywhere. I picked some of the bigger ones while I was there but I don’t want to be forced to eat it every day as I’ll get fed up with it so I dropped half this bunch off round my sisters on the way home and I’ll give the other half to Mrs Motties veggie mate when I see her tomorrow. Give it two days and there’ll be another big bunch to pick.

IMG_1388.jpeg

Short story long here!

Had a phone call from 'Paypal' wanting to discuss my account. When they asked me to confirm my details I told them to do one as I’m not falling for that. Before I hung up, they said check your account for a message in the app. I did and found that I was £190 in the red!

A few weeks ago, I sent an iron back under warranty. Phillips didn’t make that iron anymore so they gave me a full refund of £95 through PayPal. The card I have registered with paypal is a debit card from an account I use for online purchases only and I only top that up just before a purchase. I had about a fiver in that account. I tried to pay my £95 refund into that account. It didn’t go through. I tried again. Same result. I got confused and had (or so I thought) been trying to take money FROM that account to load ONTO my PayPal account. By now I was showing £285 in my PayPal account (3 x £95) although nothing had been taken from my bank account. I couldn’t work out what I was doing wrong but managed to pay the £95 refund into another bank account which left £190 showing as in credit in my PayPal account. I thought that would return to a zero balance when the payments didn’t go through from my online account and forgot all about it until the call today.

I got on the phone to them. They were insistent that I had transferred the money and I was insistent I hadn’t. We kept going round in circles until I asked them where the bloody money had been transferred TO. They then confused me even more by telling me I had transferred it to myself! Suddenly the penny dropped - I checked and somehow had a positive balance in my business PayPal account of…£190! I don’t know what the feck I had done but it was a simple matter of transferring £190 from my business PayPal account to my personal one to show a zero balance in both accounts. Mind you, I’m still confused as to how I could send £190 from one PP account to another when I had no money in either. A dishonest person who wouldn’t be bothered about getting caught could have spent that £190 positive balance and worried about the consequences later!

Had a phone call from 'Paypal' wanting to discuss my account. When they asked me to confirm my details I told them to do one as I’m not falling for that. Before I hung up, they said check your account for a message in the app. I did and found that I was £190 in the red!

I fell out with PP long ago, after many years of making good use of it. Google claimed from my PP account, a small amount, which I knew nothing at all about. Neither Google, nor PP would explain or discuss what the amount was for, despite my best attempts, so I clawed the payment back, to try to focus their attention on it. They still didn't make any progress on it, so I left them to it - not used PP since.

Two toilet incidents today, called at a furniture makers to check a faulty planer, popped to the loo for a number 2, flushed and was left with a floater, the cistern was filling really slowly and someone had already tried the door, so used the bog brush holder to fill the cistern from the tap
Went to Aldi for some bits and pieces, didn't think I would make it home so went to the loo again, no bog roll, luckily I usually have kitchen roll in my pocket

Sponsored Links
Back