What have you been doing today?

Two toilet incidents today, called at a furniture makers to check a faulty planer, popped to the loo for a number 2, flushed and was left with a floater, the cistern was filling really slowly and someone had already tried the door, so used the bog brush holder to fill the cistern from the tap
Went to Aldi for some bits and pieces, didn't think I would make it home so went to the loo again, no bog roll, luckily I usually have kitchen roll in my pocket

Far too much detail!

Sponsored Links
Two toilet incidents today, called at a furniture makers to check a faulty planer, popped to the loo for a number 2, flushed and was left with a floater, the cistern was filling really slowly and someone had already tried the door, so used the bog brush holder to fill the cistern from the tap
Went to Aldi for some bits and pieces, didn't think I would make it home so went to the loo again, no bog roll, luckily I usually have kitchen roll in my pocket
lol. I thought that only happened to me. I had a floater once in a community centre but the cleaner had used the rather large loo to store the bucket and mop. I used the mop to ram the floater out of sight. Made a right mess of the mop - I wouldn’t liked to have been around the next time they mopped the floor.

Had a poo in Sainsburys last week, only had a bout 6 sheets of paper left on the roll. I just about did it but had to check properly when I got home. All good though - I managed a clean sweep. :ROFLMAO:

Reminds me of a survey I did in Fowey, Cornwall, a Saturday morning so arrived about 5.30am so as to be able to get home at a sensible time, no working loo on site and nothing open at that hour but having been up for about two hours already nature called so had to drive out of town and find a quiet farmers field, emergency toilet roll has always been a standard item in my surveyors bag.

Sponsored Links
find a quiet farmers field, emergency toilet roll has always been a standard item in my surveyors bag.
I've done a fair few field poo's in my time when I used to go night fishing. You have to make sure you fall right back against a tree when your trousers are down so that you don't shìt in your own trousers!
I always used to carry a bog roll in my fishing hold-all and I keep an emergency bog roll in my shed at the allotment.

I did the weekly food shop but we had some vouchers come through the door the other day. Free ladies and men incontinent stuff.

IMG_1403.jpeg

Not bad, £13.50's worth so Mrs Mottie said to get them using the vouchers and put them in the Foodbank collection boxes that they have in Sainsbury’s. I've never been comfortable buying that type of lady stuff. I was doing a smart shop though so I thought I’d be okay. Wrong! I got pulled up on a random scan where they had to check 12 items to make sure I had scanned them correctly. Of course they pulled them out. Next, when I came to pay, one of the bloody (excuse the pun) vouchers wouldn’t scan so I had to call another person over. They tried, no luck so she said just pay for 'em and take them plus the voucher to the customer services where I had to queue up and ask for a refund. I got my refund, chucked them in the Foodbank collection box and left. Told Mrs Mottie this story and she just gave me a pathetic look. I feel like I’ve been through an ordeal.

Making a cuttings deflector, for the back of the tractor. It discharges, blown via a duct, from the deck, then out the back into a large hopper - as designed. Except, due to the amount of moisture in UK grass, it frequently chokes in the duct, and needs the hopper removed to clear it. Without the hopper, it blows it 12 feet out the back, covering me too, with the cuttings. I'm making a deflector, so the airflow, along with the cuttings, are directed down to the ground behind the tractor.

Making a cuttings deflector, for the back of the tractor. It discharges, blown via a duct, from the deck, then out the back into a large hopper - as designed. Except, due to the amount of moisture in UK grass, it frequently chokes in the duct, and needs the hopper removed to clear it. Without the hopper, it blows it 12 feet out the back, covering me too, with the cuttings. I'm making a deflector, so the airflow, along with the cuttings, are directed down to the ground behind the tractor.

Done, not my idea, and it works surprisingly well. It discharges in a neat line, on the ground, behind the tractor. I've tested lots of ways to have it just discharge the cuttings, without collecting them...

Adding a hinged panel, to exit, where the collection hopper fits. That, when it worked, blew the cutting out horizontally, and restricted the air flow, encouraging the blocking of the duct.

Removing the duct, which chokes up so easily, and adding a deflector to the exit of the cutting deck. That caused the deck to choke up even more with cuttings.

The only problem now is, sitting in the seat, I just cannot be sure the deck and the blades are not choked up, and not rotating. I'm thinking along the lines of a small, strong magnet, fixed to one of the blade pulleys, passing a coil, to generate some voltage. The volts then power an LED, mounted where it can be seen, on the dash.

Had a wierd day today. First I found a hat full of money and then I got chased by a very angry geezer with a guitar!

Sold our old kitchen today. Was going to have to run it down the dump but we sold all the cabinets, fridge freezer, oven, hob, extractor, sink and taps to a bloke who bought it for his sister who had just moved into a flat with an absolute rotten kitchen. I’m happy, she's happy, he's left a deposit and he's going to hire a van in two weeks time and come back to help me take it out. Had so many enquiries within an hour of putting it on marketplace. I reckon I could have got more for it but I’m just glad that I've not got to take it to the dump and that it will be doing someone else a turn.

IMG_6335.jpegIMG_1282.jpegIMG_1280.jpegIMG_1275.jpeg

I did a couple of loads of washing and then dried it on the line in this fine weather. Rode the motorbike to J&S Accessories to check out some new gear I'm after - enjoyed the ride there through the Cheshire countryside. Returned and mowed the front and rear gardens of my elderly neighbours. Hoovered the house and tidied up a bit. Cleaned out the wood burner. Then made some refinements to my recent garden project which involved digging and faffing about. Watered the lawn, which I recently seeded. Washed the motorbike. Was going to do a 5km run at the gym but, having done same late last night and after a busy day, realised I'd run out of steam. So drank a beer instead. Now going to prepare a bacon sandwich, drink another beer, and head to the pub with one of my neighbours.

Does anybody else just love getting things done and then enjoying the reward of chilling out afterwards?

Sponsored Links
Back