What is a decent carbon monoxide detector ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to buy a couple of carbon monoxide detectors and as usual, there is a vast number of options to choose from.

I just want the battery-type ones ... maybe there are hard-wired ones too .. I'm not sure

Could somebody provide a link to a decent quality, reliable alarm please, or at least guide me on the brands to go for, or indeed any brands to avoid.

thank you

Sponsored Links
one that goes beep beep beep beep.
All of them.

i use the screwfix items
when i was reviewing smoke alarms and CO - this make seemed to have some good reviews
BUT - that was just to put in my house.

Fireangel here too, with replaceable battery. It's toast proof, which is handy because it's in the hall near kitchen door. Been in 5 years, no problems. Think it was a Toolstation or Screwfix purchase - around about a tenner if my memory serves me.

Sponsored Links
i use the screwfix items
when i was reviewing smoke alarms and CO - this make seemed to have some good reviews
BUT - that was just to put in my house.

I have them and I'm still alive. They are about £15 now.

Another for Fire Angel. Been using them for about 20 years in different places I've lived and am very happy with them.
Chimney sweep and boiler engineer also recommend them.
Make sure you test them each month, along with any smoke/heat detectors, to ensure the battery is still good.

Just get one which complies with BS EN 50292:2013,
and make sure it's within its use-by date because the sensor dies, and that te catteries are fresh.
If you just get
one that goes beep beep beep beep.
All of them.
You could still die.
NEVER ask a plasterer, they tend to talk rubbish. You get no sense out of them.

If you like you can pay a litle more and get one which warns you if the CO level is rising above a very low level - they have a digital readout.

yes make sure the catteries are nice n fresh.
And if you can find one on sale in this country that does not comply send me a link.
Ooh and don’t ask someone who sits around on their enlarged carcus all day doing sweet fanny adams except trolling on the internet.
You got the right answer from me though, , not the plasterer. He gave you drivel.

I repeat, you need to make sure that the device is within its use-by date. Fresh batteries will be no use to you if the sensor dies atthe time its expected to. They are NOT like smoke alarms, which is totally beyond simpletons.
No I didn't have to look it up - plasterer is still trying to disprove it I expect,

GW I've been working all day. Do f off and try to find some post I made....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back