What's causing the damp in these photos?

Sponsored Links
He wasn't necessarily incompetent, but he was working along predetermined ideas of how a system should work, and there's an argument to say he was correct. Whilst you may have a zoned system, a TRV will determine when best to switch off a rad, so each would work independently. If the sun shone (even in winter) is could warm that room up more so than the room next to it. D is an okay rating, but whilst it'll be good to upgrade the loft insulation, I doubt if it'll solve your problem.

Whilst you may have a zoned system, TRV will determine when best to switch off a rad, so each would work independently. If the sun shone (even in winter) is could warm that room up more so than the room next to it.

That's what it achieves. Every room has its own dedicated room thermostat and motorised valve. So every room is totally independent. There's even a row of switches in the kitchen that allows each room to be switched to be 'on' 'off' or 'timed' individually.

The inspector said he only saw one thermostat, so missed all of the others. In an empty property with plain walls they were pretty visible. as was the switch panel in the kitchen. Sorry but that makes him incompetent in my book.

but whilst it'll be good to upgrade the loft insulation, I doubt if it'll solve your problem.
I fear you are right.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back