What's the furthest you've travelled to a job

i think for this thread the definition should be driving a vehicle full off tools relating to your trade :D :D

with the motor full of tools derbyshire to eastbourne marina laying teak deck leave silly time monday back friday late for about 6 months
without the motor full of tools Lancashire to bondi shopfitting

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
London to Marseille. Transit full of materials and tools! Client couldnt get a reliable tradesmen, apparently the french are lazy cowboys! Who'd of guessed eh!! I think it was 800 miles each way! Bucket broke and had to go to the french equivalent of B&Q bloody nightmare, no one spoke a word of english all i could say was la bucket! Didnt get me far! Had to get a mop bucket! Came out of the store and the dozy frogs had parked there forklift with the prongs under the van, then trying to explain to them inside was fun!! :rolleyes:

Once travelled from Lichfield to Windermere daily for a couple of weeks for snagging works as one lad didn't want to lodge away, previously we had lodged there for about 18 months.
Another time I was travelling from Lichfield to south Wales daily for a year. Not a huge distance but in a van limited to 62mph it did mean close to 4 hours a day sat in a van (I'd drive down , someone else drove back)
To be honest I get a tad fed up of travelling, I might apply for a job at the new aldi (or whatever it's going to be) which is going up a few minutes walk from my house.

Preston to Bolton . Was knackered when i got there--had to book in hotel for the night . All that travelling for a 3 hour job. Never again !!.

essex to chongqing, china for a 4 days. not a trade as such, but managing assembly of a lab by chinese staff and then for monitoring their workload etc and a few other things. various trips between 4 days and 30 over the course of 8 months

Paris, Milan,Berlin,Barcelona in three days, installed shop fitting display for Agency I used to work for.They didn't trust the locals.

Egypt to convert oil boiler to run on gas , arrived to find no gas supply to factory .
someone had to go back,, not me

Sponsored Links
Back