Which of these 3

Sponsored Links
Vaillant has stainless steel h/exch, WB aluminium (and problematic)

I don't have any problems with them..... What have you found?

Question... Why are cylinder heads on engines aluminium and not stainless steel?

With the exception of the plastic waterset, the Worcester has all this too.. Primary HE has a 10 year warranty

Is that 10 year warranty just for those who fit too many Worcesters?

If so its a very good reason for me, and most installers, NOT to fit Worcester boilers!

Every reason for me to fit a Viessmann instead!

Tony

is it a crime to have parts that shared from a biasi boiler? :LOL: if the flow and return group are found to be reliable why not use them?

No thats not a crime Mehran, in my eyes the crime is Baxi denying that it is badge engineering and trying to convince everyone it is 'all their own work' :eek:

Sponsored Links
To be fair, I have tried to look at the inside of a DuoTec on the web but failed, so much for Baxi help!

However, the flue connection and PCB functions are not Biasi and the only common parts seem to be perhaps the water sections.

The Brass LH parts used on the Biasi are common italian as used on the Ariston and Halstead. The right hand plastic ( ugh ) bits are perhaps so far only used on the Biasi. I will be able to check at installer Live soon.

All the pump manufacturers have their own plastic water sections so it could just be a standard Wilo or whatever.

In any case as the Biasi is so reliable then its good if Baxi are using any of the same parts.

Tony

Just for the record I have opted for a Viessmann 100 30kw, the price was £250 more then the Baxi but the selling point was a 5 yr guarantee over the Baxi 2 yr (plus 10yr on the heat exchanger)

Just for the record I have opted for a Viessmann 100 30kw, the price was £250 more then the Baxi but the selling point was a 5 yr guarantee over the Baxi 2 yr (plus 10yr on the heat exchanger)

the viessman is far superior to the baxi and worth the extra £ but you only get the 5yr warranty if fitted/registered by an approved eng (been on their training day)

the viessman is far superior to the baxi and worth the extra £ but you only get the 5yr warranty if fitted/registered by an approved eng (been on their training day)

they you go again with the far superior :rolleyes:

i agree viessmann is a better then baxi but the 100 has some draw backs

1, the whole bottom half is plastic(flow and return group)
2, the control panel is not fix well so the it can be pushed back a little which makes it feel less well made
3, in my view you can paying for the 5 year warranty and not that it is so unlikely to break down that they can slap a 5 year warranty for free...if you know what i mean

still like it over a baxi :LOL:

btw i am approved installer so can give the 5 year warranty as well

you do pay for the warranty on the Baxi Platinum too. when i say far superior what i mean is better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back