which pump (help)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, great site . Need to replace my old positive showermate pump. This runs my thermo shower, bath and basin .My cold water storage cistern is approx two and abit feet above my shower head. Also the pump comes on when we draw hot from the kitchen mixer tap. After six years of use the pump needs replacing. I was told by technical support that i need a negative pump because of the mixer tap in the kitchen? Is this so ? Any help and guidance would be a great help , before i purchase something i dont need.

Sponsored Links
That doesn't sound right to me - the kitchen tap is surely lower than the bathroom?? A negative head pump is required when the cold water tank is too low to give enough flow to operate the flow swithces in a positive head pump.

Salamander make a whole house pump which would be perfect for your installation.
NB. It is very important to follow manufacturer's instructions when installing pumps.

Allan

You are correct in saying that the kitchen sink is lower than the bathroom , thanks for your help mario (allan) top man.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back