Which SDS Drill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Iam looking to purchase an SDS drill with roto-stop has anyone got any recomendations. The drill will be used for mainly jobs round the house as i plan to install new bathroom and kitchen so chisselling and drilling will be the main activities. Plus, dont want to spend a fortune as im not a builder by trade but then again dont want something that will give up the ghost after a few weeks! Would be willing to spend upto about £70.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,
Iam looking to purchase an SDS drill with roto-stop has anyone got any recomendations. The drill will be used for mainly jobs round the house as i plan to install new bathroom and kitchen so chisselling and drilling will be the main activities. Plus, dont want to spend a fortune as im not a builder by trade but then again dont want something that will give up the ghost after a few weeks! Would be willing to spend upto about £70.
Thanks

Slightly over your budget but might be worth stretching to an extra £20, you would probably get £50 for the free cordless if you wanted to.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/70640/Power-Tools/Kits/Bosch-2kg-SDS-Hammer-110V-Free-Drill-Driver

A bargain indeedy, but it's 110v :!: so a tranny will be required.

(...and I'm not talking about chaps with baps ) :LOL:

Ah Yes thanks Deluks didnt spot that one! Could be a problem then. Anyone else got any bargains they have spotted out there?

Sponsored Links
Bosch blue Bosch blue Bosch blue Bosch blue Bosch blue Bosch blue.

240v no sweat.

Indestructible.

;)

Try this......

GBH_2_26_DRE.jpg

just in case you didnt heed the previous advice 'DEFO BOSCH BLUE'
get it now? :LOL:

240v no sweat.

Indestructible.

i think i get the message :LOL: but Bosch maybe a bit too pricey for me but thanks anyway

just found this one. does anybody know if it has the "hammer only" action?
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/76088/Power-Tools/SDS-Drills/BOSCH-GBH-2-18-230V-2kg-SDS-Plus-Drill#

If the image is anything to go by its only two mode I'm afraid. Hammer and Rotary only no roto-stop. But do you honestly need a chisel function? The Chisel function on a 2KG SDS drill will only be good for say taking tiles down and maybe possibly some chasing. If you are thinking of taking down walls then think again :LOL:

If You are planning to do some serious wreckage look no further than the 6Kg Titan SDS beast. Its seems like a cracking bit of kit for the budget buyer. Bit big to carry around but will drill your holes, do your wrecking and also probably good to use as a core drill with the appropriate bits.

I don't think so - the instruction manual (the link on the screwfix site below the general information about the drill) doesn't mention hammer action only.

B&Q has some offers at the moment. But I didn't pay attention to the drills as I already have one.

what about ryobi, i hear they are rated as light to medium trade....... :LOL:

A bargain indeedy, but it's 110v :!: so a tranny will be required.

(...and I'm not talking about chaps with baps ) :LOL:

It's definately available in both voltages, and it has roto-stop for chiselling.

Oh, and it's Bosch Blue, which seems to be a fairly popular choice round here!!!!

It's definately available in both voltages, and it has roto-stop for chiselling.

Oh, and it's Bosch Blue, which seems to be a fairly popular choice round here

do you mean the Bosch 110 v with Bosch driver is avai;able in 240 v?

If You are planning to do some serious wreckage look no further than the 6Kg Titan SDS beast. Its seems like a cracking bit of kit for the budget buyer. Bit big to carry around but will drill your holes, do your wrecking and also probably good to use as a core drill with the appropriate bits.
Thanks neds. Looked at the Titan seems a bit heavy to be holding for long periods ie taking tiles off ets but the price will make me consider it.
p.s i dont think i will require it to take walls down but maybe removing lots of tiles in my kitchen and bathroom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back